Seat comfort - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seat comfort

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I have a Mustang seat for around town, for looks. I use the stock seat for long trips. I start getting sore after 400 miles or so. Just get to tough it out for the rest of the day.

I would use the stock seat all the time, except it looks like it came off of, or should be put on a moped. What's up with that Honda? A bit more styling would have gone a long ways.
    How very true. Would it have hurt them to look at what some of the aftermarket saddle makers are doing and have been doing for many yrs, it ain't rocket science and as we all know some of the first things done to a new scoot that don't fit perfict is change the bars and saddle. Get a clue Honda.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I have had my B for about a year and a half, and have never had an issue with the seat until recently. The seat is pretty darn comfortable, nice and soft, plenty wide.

I'm 5'6", 31" inseam. I have no issue being flat foot sitting on the bike.
    Attachment 22358

Just last month, I rode from California, to West Virginia, then up to the top of Maine, I rode with 3 of my friends. Just under 8000 miles of riding. 21 day trip. Some days were 600 mile days on the super slab, others were back roads. All were long 9 to 12 hour days. We would stop and get off the bikes every 100 miles or so.
    Attachment 22359

Being in the saddle for that many hours, the seat did become uncomfortable, my boney butt. On the way back from Maine, I decided to try and get some relief. I stopped by a Harley Davidson Dealer and purchased one of those Air Circulator pads, which work out great. A little extra padding and a much more cooler seat.
    Attachment 22360

There is an alternative to the beads.

Thank You !

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    Everyone is different, some more different than others.
    I'm a 300 lb rider that comes from a family of sweaters. I'm fat and out of shape, dad had no discernible fat and work hardened muscles, brother is former Army Ranger instructor and climbs mountains, does amazing stuff, no fat, hard as a rock. Anyway, as soon as it's humid we always are the first to sweat and we sweat buckets. So maybe my experience won't be like yours.
    In my pre-bead experience my butt would start sweating right away, sometimes I'd stand up to dry it off or hopefully get my underwear un-stuck.
    Now I have no butt sweat if I'm not sitting in stop-go traffic. 760 miles to Amarillo in dry butt heaven. I love the beads.
    A very thin person might not have any problems because of less surface area on the seat, or people who DON'T sweat like a cold glass of water on a hot day might be able to go all day dry.
    The beads I linked to would be a good choice to test the waters. They are probably not as good as the bead riders or other premium solutions but would at least give you an idea if they are for you.
    Oh yeah, you posted something about 98 degrees with 100% humidity as current weather, good God, I can't imagine....wait, yes I can. Got to 99 with 86% humidity today. Getting close!

We may be brothers... 60 years old, 5' 10", 260. and Sweat when I think about going outside in the heat. Just did the first weekend trip on the new F6B (700 miles over 2 days in 95 degrees) and wanted to change pants every 30 minutes. I never thought of beads. Thanks.

I've had my 6 for three weeks now. I did an 800km (500mi) ride today on the stock seat. Wasn't bad. I installed Kury Ergo II with mini arms and Trident Dually pegs. I am 6'3" with 36" inseam and I am going to need short arms for those Kurys to pull those pegs just a little closer. Never in my life would I have thought I would ever have too much stretch! With a roll pack on the back seat for a backrest and the ability to stretch out the legs from time to time, it really is a comfortable ride. I'm on the fence about switching out the seat to either Mustang or Ultimate. I could use the 1" further back for normal peg riding, but the 1" lower will make the knees bend too much. The 1" further back will also aggravate the highway peg stretch until I get longer arms to bring them back to me a bit. The Ultimate may be the way to go. I don't mind moving higher a bit but do not want to move forward at all. Maybe just get that slope of the stock seat shaved more vertical.

Short answer. Stock seat works for now... maybe a sheepskin...
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Hartco seat

Call Mark at hartco, he will custom build you a seat!