passenger seat height

Thread: passenger seat height

passenger seat height

hello new to board. I have a 2004 goldwing and picked up f6 as well. wife hates passenger seat height anyone done any lowering of foam for passenger? ultimate seat doesn't seem to address that issue and actually raises the driver from what I can tell..

1990 supercharged vmax
    2009 vmax
    1994 Harley
    2004 goldwing 1800
    2013 f6b deluxe

I lowered (cut out) the passenger portion of the stock seat about 1". It gives it more of a bucket feel.

If you go too low, she may be resting her legs on those metal hand rails. I don't know where that limit is. 1" worked.

BTW, my wife really dislikes the Mustang passenger seat. I may have to do some cutting on that as well.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by jeffedose View Post
    hello new to board. I have a 2004 goldwing and picked up f6 as well. wife hates passenger seat height anyone done any lowering of foam for passenger? ultimate seat doesn't seem to address that issue and actually raises the driver from what I can tell..
    Is the issue that she is setting to high behind you or is it her legs to short and not being able to reach the passenger pegs comfortably? if the later changing out the F6B passenger pegs for GL1800 floor boards may help or a set of Rivco steel adjustable passenger floorboards. http://rivcoproducts.com/shop-by-mot....html?___SID=U

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

shooter
    I have the Rivco's. Wife loves them.

biglry. 98valk.

the problem is she sits too high and hanging out in wind. she has her own vmax as well so being a rider is uncomfortable anyway. the goldwing makes her feel all cozy tucked in that big seat with backrest. I think 98valk if I can get an inch or more lower for her and I, and make backrest more vertical for me i may have a perfect seat. I had dan at Bitchin stichin lower the front and rear on the big wing so we sit more in the bike. I went by today and made an appt to try some things on the f6. hopefully with the Harley style removable tour pack I am fabbing up and a lower seat we can get rid of the big black full wing. then I can have best of both worlds with one bike. too many of them filling up the garage. I tell ya that big full wing is comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I lowered (cut out) the passenger portion of the stock seat about 1". It gives it more of a bucket feel.

If you go too low, she may be resting her legs on those metal hand rails. I don't know where that limit is. 1" worked.

BTW, my wife really dislikes the Mustang passenger seat. I may have to do some cutting on that as well.

do you have a photo? thanks