Awesome 20 inch telescoping blow gun - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Awesome 20 inch telescoping blow gun

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I was per your advice blowing out my radiators with my aging blow gun and it worked great but my blow gun I had for years doesn't match this one from Harbor Freight. This has about triple the punch that my old one had and it gets into tighter spaces with more cleaning ability. Again thanks for the original information to start using air pressure and thanks again for the tip on the new air gun, it's really like I bought a new air compressor.
    Glad it worked for you! Don't forget to give it a try on the rear wheel spoke cavities and calipers!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Whew!!! That was tense there for a post or two. I thought Bob was gonna throw one of his old wore out G-Max's at the Dog. The Dog is old and has a bad back. No way he could a ducked fast enough. I gotta make a note. Don't poach Bob's ideas without giving him credit.

I was getting ready to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Whew!!! That was tense there for a post or two. I thought Bob was gonna throw one of his old wore out G-Max's at the Dog. The Dog is old and has a bad back. No way he could a ducked fast enough. I gotta make a note. Don't poach Bob's ideas without giving him credit.
    Didn't mean to get Bob that riled up and I did hunt for the original thread but it just wouldn't come up for some reason, probably my lack of computer skills, us old guys ain't to quick on the PC, I did apologize and now Bob doesn't have to strain himself throwing that G-Max at me.

I was per your advice blowing out my radiators with my aging blow gun and it worked great but my blow gun I had for years doesn't match this one from Harbor Freight. This has about triple the punch that my old one had and it gets into tighter spaces with more cleaning ability. Again thanks for the original information to start using air pressure and thanks again for the tip on the new air gun, it's really like I bought a new air compressor.
    I bought the cheaper one last week at a local Harbor Freight store for $3.99.. Already had a couple extra connectors to attach to the hose on the compressor and it works great...Difference is one is telescopic and the other is not...Plus the "cheapo" has a nice rubber tip that attaches to the longer tube....Ride safe

shooter
    Its funny what us old farts can get worked up over. A $4.00 blow gun. LMAO. Every week when the Snap-On truck rolls into the lot its like Christmas. Heck he give me a new cap today and I've been in a good mood ever since. I got a new extendable mirror with the "big" 3 inch head. Holy cow. I can walk up to a car now and look at the exhaust without bending over. $8.00. Lots of fun for $8.00.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Its funny what us old farts can get worked up over. A $4.00 blow gun. LMAO. Every week when the Snap-On truck rolls into the lot its like Christmas. Heck he give me a new cap today and I've been in a good mood ever since. I got a new extendable mirror with the "big" 3 inch head. Holy cow. I can walk up to a car now and look at the exhaust without bending over. $8.00. Lots of fun for $8.00.
    You sure that is the only "exhaust" you'll be looking at without bending over.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

shooter
    I actually thought of that Larry. If only I had one of those back in high school. Mid 70's was the height of the mini-skirt craze. Makes you wonder..........

.........It works great for blowing out the bugs from the radiators on the Honda. I just have a small sears compressor for blowing up tire and such and it does get up to 120 psi and the blow gun had that small nozzle and just kicks everything out of the radiators............
    Are you blowing from the inside out.....or the outside in?

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Are you blowing from the inside out.....or the outside in?

....sT
    I do it from the outside in!