Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
Did it surprise you as much it surprised me that the acceleration numbers were this close? I didn't think there was a Harley this fast. I just can't picture one doing what I do with my F6B from time to time...rolling on the throttle in 1st with a quick shift to second, then looking down and seeing I am going 50 mph already after just a couple of seconds.

I read this whole article when I was doing my research on buying a new bike last summer. I can't believe what folks pay for an air-cooled twin (fairly cheap engine to manufacture) that powers a rattling bike with 2-3" of suspension travel and radio. $33k? Sheesh. What is the profit margin on those things ?!?!
Its not that fast. I rode with one of those a few months ago. Guy was pretty froggy. Buddy of mine told me , he'll try you before the day is out. He knows he can beat us so you will be the target. Sure enough coming out of a small town a long straight stretch opened up and when I hit 60 mph I looked back and he had a hard run on me.I dropped back to third and cobbed on it. The B jumped up quick and he quit closing almost immediately. I ran it to redline in third and fourth before I looked back again. It was all over. Done took the wind out of his sail.