Dependability/Reliability - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dependability/Reliability

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Acording to ..... Cycle World's evaluation between the Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide and the Honda F6B.
    The H-D hp 91.27 @ 4970 rpm, F6B 103.66 @ 5580 rpm
    H-D Torque 109.9 ft.-lb. @ 3750 rpm, F6B 109.9 ft.-lb. @ 4160 rpm
    H- 1/4-mile 12.49 sec. @ 104.83 mph, F6B 11.84 sec. @ 110.97 mph
    H-D 60 mph 3.7 sec. F6B 60 mph 3.3 sec
    Dry weight, H-D 824 lb. F6B 813 lb
    "The Honda’s roll-on acceleration in top gear also was a little better, edging the Harley by about three-quarters of a second from 40 to 60 mph and 60 to 80. But amazingly enough, both bikes posted identical top speeds: 124 mph.

But the Honda excels in too many important ways to play second fiddle. It’s faster, smoother and, when both rider and passenger comforts are taken into account, more luxurious. And unless you’ve either won the lottery or are prospering in these early recovery times, you can’t dismiss the $13,000 MSRP discrepancy between the Honda and the Harley. For that amount, you could buy any one of numerous full-size, top-quality motorcycles—or even a compact car!"
    http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/04/22...omparison-test

On a side note the H-D tested had the screaming chicken flash in it so not completely stock imo even though it is a factory option.
    Did it surprise you as much it surprised me that the acceleration numbers were this close? I didn't think there was a Harley this fast. I just can't picture one doing what I do with my F6B from time to time...rolling on the throttle in 1st with a quick shift to second, then looking down and seeing I am going 50 mph already after just a couple of seconds.

I read this whole article when I was doing my research on buying a new bike last summer. I can't believe what folks pay for an air-cooled twin (fairly cheap engine to manufacture) that powers a rattling bike with 2-3" of suspension travel and radio. $33k? Sheesh. What is the profit margin on those things ?!?!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Did it surprise you as much it surprised me that the acceleration numbers were this close? I didn't think there was a Harley this fast. I just can't picture one doing what I do with my F6B from time to time...rolling on the throttle in 1st with a quick shift to second, then looking down and seeing I am going 50 mph already after just a couple of seconds.

I read this whole article when I was doing my research on buying a new bike last summer. I can't believe what folks pay for an air-cooled twin (fairly cheap engine to manufacture) that powers a rattling bike with 2-3" of suspension travel and radio. $33k? Sheesh. What is the profit margin on those things ?!?!
    A reminder that the CVO Harley used in this comparo was not stock!! The F6b was bone stock...The CVO had the 110 motor with a couple factory upgrades etc...BTW the HD listed for over $30,000......a far cry from the $19,000 price tag of the F6B....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    A reminder that the CVO Harley used in this comparo was not stock!! The F6b was bone stock...The CVO had the 110 motor with a couple factory upgrades etc...BTW the HD listed for over $30,000......a far cry from the $19,000 price tag of the F6B....Ride safe
    Correct my friend, as I stated in my post "the H-D tested had the screaming chicken flash in it so not completely stock imo even though it is a factory option"

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Acording to ..... Cycle World's evaluation between the Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide and the Honda F6B.
    The H-D hp 91.27 @ 4970 rpm, F6B 103.66 @ 5580 rpm
    H-D Torque 109.9 ft.-lb. @ 3750 rpm, F6B 109.9 ft.-lb. @ 4160 rpm
    H- 1/4-mile 12.49 sec. @ 104.83 mph, F6B 11.84 sec. @ 110.97 mph
    H-D 60 mph 3.7 sec. F6B 60 mph 3.3 sec
    Dry weight, H-D 824 lb. F6B 813 lb
    "The Honda’s roll-on acceleration in top gear also was a little better, edging the Harley by about three-quarters of a second from 40 to 60 mph and 60 to 80. But amazingly enough, both bikes posted identical top speeds: 124 mph.

But the Honda excels in too many important ways to play second fiddle. It’s faster, smoother and, when both rider and passenger comforts are taken into account, more luxurious. And unless you’ve either won the lottery or are prospering in these early recovery times, you can’t dismiss the $13,000 MSRP discrepancy between the Honda and the Harley. For that amount, you could buy any one of numerous full-size, top-quality motorcycles—or even a compact car!"
    http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/04/22...omparison-test

On a side note the H-D tested had the screaming chicken flash in it so not completely stock imo even though it is a factory option.
    Here's an idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YWN94xzKVA

"identical top speeds"? Don't know about the Harley but the F6B is limited by the ECU. Obviously has more in her than that.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Instead of spending untold millions on 3D cutouts and postage how about a little R&D so this doesn't happen over and over. Got this today in the mail, are they kidding? I put it together because one of my grandsons is coming over tomorrow and I'm sure he'll run it over with his Tonka dump truck.
    I got one too...still debating a good use for it.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Uh yeah, I want one too.

Did you understand those numbers though? Those first numbers didn't seem like a very appreciable rise from stock.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Reliabilty!

I test rode both the F6B and the BMW K1600. A significant reason for choosing the Honda was simpler maintenance and better reliability. I talked to some K1600 owners and their experiences influenced me.

Years ago I owned a Honda V65 Sabre. The engine was awesomely powerful and smooth. But just to adjust the valves, you had to drain the coolant and remove the radiator. The upper valve cover was in such a tight location that it was made up of multiple parts so you could remove it. The job took a good 5 hours, making the GL1800 air filter change look easy!

After that I decided I enjoyed riding more than working on my bikes. I now own 3 Honda flat-6 bikes (2 old Valkyries and the F6B) with a combined 300,000 miles on them. For me it's the best motorcycle drive train ever designed.

The new 110 HD CVO does run pretty strong. But they cost double the F6B.
    Steve