Windshield choice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windshield choice

Windshield choice

My 2013 f6b currently has a baggershield sport shield on it. I like the style of it wider at top,dark tint. But I would like a taller shield as I am 6'1" it has a smooth air flow. I have already slotted the mounting holes all the way to the bottom. It made it better but.... Now I want it taller.

Have you given the 11"-19" Adjustable Baggershield any thought? Best of both worlds. I'm 6'2" and love the versatility.

You can adjust the Baggershield to maximum height of 21 inches with a few wiggles and changes so I am told...Mine is fine and I love the thing as I am only 5'9"and have no buffeting or disturbing wind noise...Maybe call Baggershield and ask about max height. BTW I have the adjustable 11"-19" style....Ride safe

MRA XCREEN

Or pop one of these on

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Or pop one of these on
    I love mine on top of a Klockwerks Flair

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Finally mounted the Madstad I got at last year's rally.
    Swapped the 13" for the 11" smoke black.

Looks totally cool and is VERY effective at throwing wind and rain over my 5'9" frame.

I am VERY pleased!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Finally mounted the Madstad I got at last year's rally.
    Swapped the 13" for the 11" smoke black.

Looks totally cool and is VERY effective at throwing wind and rain over my 5'9" frame.

I am VERY pleased!
    Did you run and try the 13" shield at all? If so... what did you like/dislike about that size... as compared to the 11" that you've now mounted?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I have given up trying to remember all of the different shields I have had on the B.

As Tax mentioned, I use the MRA mini spoiler attached to the stock shield. It is about 90% as effective as the Madstad while the bike retains the same looks. I love it for the summertime when I want air. I fold it in the down position. If I want to listen to the music or need some protection (rain), I raise it up and the wind noise is gone and visibility is the same. The B is not the same bike when you add a full size windshield. JMHO of course.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Did you run and try the 13" shield at all? If so... what did you like/dislike about that size... as compared to the 11" that you've now mounted?
    Will - I couldn't 'comfortably' maintain my vision over the 13" - even in the lowest position. If I use perfect posture, I could just see over it, but i know I'm going to slouch after awhile and the Corbin Smuggler seat is a bit lower than stock so I opted for the 11. Also, I could have done the clear or lightly tinted in 13 and just looked through it, but aesthetics got the better of me and with the darkest coloring, I MUST look over it - especially at night and in tunnels.

Madstad engineering: The more of the windscreen you can get lower, the more airflow gets pushed up and over. So, if it's a toss up between sizes, I would get the bigger size and keep it lower on the mount.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Will - I couldn't 'comfortably' maintain my vision over the 13" - even in the lowest position. If I use perfect posture, I could just see over it, but i know I'm going to slouch after awhile and the Corbin Smuggler seat is a bit lower than stock so I opted for the 11. Also, I could have done the clear or lightly tinted in 13 and just looked through it, but aesthetics got the better of me and with the darkest coloring, I MUST look over it - especially at night and in tunnels.

Madstad engineering: The more of the windscreen you can get lower, the more airflow gets pushed up and over. So, if it's a toss up between sizes, I would get the bigger size and keep it lower on the mount.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Thanks Steve... very informative.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537