Brooklyn makes their women tough...the Van Buren sisters

Thread: Brooklyn makes their women tough...the Van Buren sisters

Brooklyn makes their women tough...the Van Buren sisters

With no Motel 6, federal highway system or rest stops they rode cross country on motorcycles from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn to San Francisco ... 100 years ago

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...nap-story.html

Semi related story

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    With no Motel 6, federal highway system or rest stops they rode cross country on motorcycles from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn to San Francisco ... 100 years ago

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...nap-story.html
    My dad had a Indian Motorcycle way back before he married my mother. He worked in Grand Rapids, Michigan and my mothers home and his families home was outside Cadillac, Michigan in a little town called Jennings. Now the paved roads were in town back then and nothing but dirt road and ruts between Grand Rapids and Jennings. He left one night to see her and 5 miles out of town his headlight burnt out. He said he dumped that bike 19 times by the time he arrived in Jennings. My mother was a pretty woman and what a guy won't do to get closer. I think that's call more balls then brains. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    My dad had a Indian Motorcycle way back before he married my mother. He worked in Grand Rapids, Michigan and my mothers home and his families home was outside Cadillac, Michigan in a little town called Jennings. Now the paved roads were in town back then and nothing but dirt road and ruts between Grand Rapids and Jennings. He left one night to see her and 5 miles out of town his headlight burnt out. He said he dumped that bike 19 times by the time he arrived in Jennings. My mother was a pretty woman and what a guy won't do to get closer. I think that's call more balls then brains. LOL
    That's called true love, nothing stops a man standing between him and his precious sweetheart. Lucky he kept getting up 19 times or else you may not be here.