Lower seats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower seats

Lower seats

I have been reading "seat" threads for hours.....Is the Mustang the only option out there for us vertically challenged folks? I don't want to mess with the awesome ride quality, so messing with lowering the whole bike would be a last resort. Sorry if I have missed the answer, trust me I have been searching.

Edit.. Just saw the Hatrco banner. Looks like that would/could be lower due to the custom design....
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

I can only comment on the Mustang and the Ultimate I currently have. The Mustang certainly dropped me down in the bike and was just to low causing my long legs to cramp. My Ultimate raised me about an inch and is an extremely comfortable ride for me.

I am 5'9'' with 29" inseam and the Mustang seat works great for me with the 1" lower seating position...If you don't want to spend a bunch of dollars and would like a real quality seat..Contact Allen at Mean City Cycles (on the web) and they will custom build your stock seat the exact way you want...I will probably use them next time I need a different seat as they do great work for the money.....Regards and ride safe....

The Mustang is the only one mass produced... Check the For Sale Ad here, there was one for sale ???
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks! and it apparently works with the stock pax backrest?

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I am 5'9'' with 29" inseam and the Mustang seat works great for me with the 1" lower seating position...If you don't want to spend a bunch of dollars and would like a real quality seat..Contact Allen at Mean City Cycles (on the web) and they will custom build your stock seat the exact way you want...I will probably use them next time I need a different seat as they do great work for the money.....Regards and ride safe....
    I will check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    I will check that out.
    I think either choice will work for you as both seats are nice to have if your looking to sit lower..BTW, I really miss Denver and the West a lot...Lived in South Denver for over 20 years and graduated from South High School way back in 1957....Been in Michigan since 1963, but travel to the West a lot as I still have family in Colorado and Utah.....Ride safe....

Just one more for the Mustang. I've put 8000 miles on mine and aam very happy with it. I'm 5'6" with a 30" inseam.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    Thanks! and it apparently works with the stock pax backrest?
    The Mustang is fine up to about a 500 mile day. Then do to the lack of any available driver backrest it becomes fodder for the classified sales column. I haven't sold mine yet because I haven't found anything else.
    As far as mechanically lowering the bike. It actually improves the handling except you will scrape the kick stand on left turns if the road is canted the wrong way.
    I don't know about the passenger backrest because I never carry passengers. I hate it when they poop on my backseat!
    I can tell you with the mustang and the 3/4" lowering kit I can sit flat footed at the lights. I'm 5'8" with 29" inseams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    The Mustang is fine up to about a 500 mile day. Then do to the lack of any available driver backrest it becomes fodder for the classified sales column
    Are you saying you really can't lean back on the seat? The contour of the seat makes it appear that way. And it looks like they have a newer seat although the dimensions are the same.