Lower seats - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower seats

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Are you saying you really can't lean back on the seat? The contour of the seat makes it appear that way. And it looks like they have a newer seat although the dimensions are the same.
    MountianDew, the back support barley reaches the small of my back . However, i've done extremely long trips on mine. What I have found for me is posture. If I just slump on to the bike I will start feeling it in a few hundred miles. What I figured out on my last trip. If I get on the bike and lean forward then slide by butt back against the seat and sit up straight I'm good for well over a 1,000 miles.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    MountianDew, the back support barley reaches the small of my back . However, i've done extremely long trips on mine. What I have found for me is posture. If I just slump on to the bike I will start feeling it in a few hundred miles. What I figured out on my last trip. If I get on the bike and lean forward then slide by butt back against the seat and sit up straight I'm good for well over a 1,000 miles.
    Thanks. I'm just under 5'10 with a 32'' inseam and I really want to get both feet flat on the ground. This seat looks to do the job but I want to make sure the support is there.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I am 5'9'' with 29" inseam and the Mustang seat works great for me with the 1" lower seating position...If you don't want to spend a bunch of dollars and would like a real quality seat..Contact Allen at Mean City Cycles (on the web) and they will custom build your stock seat the exact way you want...I will probably use them next time I need a different seat as they do great work for the money.....Regards and ride safe....
    I spoke with mean city Monday and learned that they cannot move you back in the seat but they can lower it. I for one would love to move back a couple of inches +/- but the woman I talked to said it doesn't work due to the seat pan.
    JAYGO