The end is near
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The end is near

The end is near

Tuesday I will be getting rid of one of the biggest disappointments of my life.
    I will be trading my 14,000 mile 13 F6B on a 1,400 mile 12 Goldwing.
    Its a sad day when a person has to trade back a year in order to come out of a deal "rightside up".
    AND I will once again have a bike that I can actually wax and keep shiny.

shooter
    That's a shitty post. I see you're a big participant on this forum. Hopefully you'll leave. I have a feeling you won't like this one either.

Quote Originally Posted by dmize View Post
    Tuesday I will be getting rid of one of the biggest disappointments of my life.
    I will be trading my 14,000 mile 13 F6B on a 1,400 mile 12 Goldwing.
    Its a sad day when a person has to trade back a year in order to come out of a deal "rightside up".
    AND I will once again have a bike that I can actually wax and keep shiny.
    Know the feeling my friend...Honda is notorious for introducing new models at a high MSRP and then "tanking" them a couple years later..As the only real way to come out ahead/even is to get the best deal you can and ride the wheels off the thing, keeping it as long as possible....My 2013 F6B with custom paint, Mustang seat, Cobra pipes, lots of other extras and 10,000 miles is only worth about $11,000 to $12,000, if I'm lucky, on a trade and I paid over $23,500 otd back in the fall of 2013....But I love the damn thing and cannot think of any other bike available right now that I would enjoy as much as the F6B....Ride safe

No actually I traded a 2002 Goldwing in on the F6B.
    Found out quickly that I could not wax or keep the bike clean,then found out Honda didn't care. Then found out that there are still 14 2013 F6B's in Honda warehouses that can be purchased new for about $13,000 which made my $19,000 deluxe model worth about $9,000.
    Shitty thing is loosing $10,000 on a bike in 3 years.

Yea this is my second hosing from Honda.
    First was on my 2003 VTX 1800C,the one I bought because of the special limited time rebate,that ended up lasting over a year and increasing to over $3,000.
    I want to emphasize I have no complaints about the machines but the company has really irritated me.

shooter
    So you guys blame Honda cause you made bad decisions? Sounds juvenile to me. Suck it up and live with your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by dmize View Post
    No actually I traded a 2002 Goldwing in on the F6B.
    Found out quickly that I could not wax or keep the bike clean,then found out Honda didn't care. Then found out that there are still 14 2013 F6B's in Honda warehouses that can be purchased new for about $13,000 which made my $19,000 deluxe model worth about $9,000.
    Shitty thing is loosing $10,000 on a bike in 3 years.
    Yeah, I feel your pain about the depreciation of the bike. I was at the Honda dealer yesterday looking at a Matte Silver 2015 F6B for 16K and a 2016 White F6B for 20K. These bikes do not hold their value... but that is not why I bought it. Depreciating value is a non-issue to me. I didn't buy it with intent to trade it in anytime soon.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    That's a shitty post. I see you're a big participant on this forum. Hopefully you'll leave. I have a feeling you won't like this one either.
    LOL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

If you are buying a bike for an investment that is absolutely crazy. It's supply and demand. Alot of supply and no demand drives down the price. I learned this in high school. Every little accessory is worth zero at trade in. With everything I have into my 1 year old 2013 which is about $19,000 it's worth maybe $12,000. Bikes don't increase in value, not even Harleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    If you are buying a bike for an investment that is absolutely crazy. It's supply and demand. Alot of supply and no demand drives down the price. I learned this in high school. Every little accessory is worth zero at trade in. With everything I have into my 1 year old 2013 which is about $19,000 it's worth maybe $12,000. Bikes don't increase in value, not even Harleys.
    10-4. If you think you will more than a dime back for accessorizing, you you you is missing da boat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver