Leaving this friday on 7K trip - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaving this friday on 7K trip

Sounds like a great time!! Have fun and Ride Safe!!

That would be a great trip! Enjoy and ride safe! Whats your buddy riding?
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson

7K trip

Your trip looks awesome. I think you will have a ball. I would make one suggestion. After Moab when you get on I-70 west of Green River I would exit onto Utah-24 and then at Torrey, Utah take Utah-12. Utah-12 especially is unbelievably great riding. After passing Bryce Canyon it will intersect with US-89 which will take you south to Utah-9 which will take you to Zion National Park. I really think these roads will add a lot of good riding and the mileage is about the same as what you have mapped.

Have a great time

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    This friday we all leave for Sturgis. From there we will be riding to Beartooth HWY - Yellowstone - Arches National Park - Zion NP - Grand Canyon to anheuser busch distillery @ St Louis and back home in WV. Close to 7k miles.

Last year on my way to sturgis I was hit by a truck and F6B was totaled. I'm hoping for a safe trip this year.

Here's the map of the trip :

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...aewAZN4-IVg2ZE
    This is probably too late but you may desire to take HWY 12 off of HWY 89 in southern Utah, instead of HWY 89 all the way north. HWY 12 is voted one of the most beautiful HWYS in the world, and it's definitely right up there in PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy).

Out of Zion and turning North @ MT. Carmel Junct (HWY 89) but when you come to HWY 12 - take it. It's passes directly along Bryce Nat Park you'll see some majestic red rock formations even though you're not going into the park. Stay on HWY 12, north to Torrey, then East (turn Right) on HWY 24 to Hanksville and continue North all the way up to interstate 90. It's about 20 some miles from the Moab exit. It's the same day ride but it's calming two lane backtops for hours and hours and hours instead of being on the 90 for 3 plus hrs of just ok scenic vistas that are far off of the interstate - it's nothing compared to this other route. You'll also go thru Escalante Nat Park. Been on it several times, and the first time with the B about 2 months ago.

In Moab, hit up the Moab Brewery. Food's pretty good, beer is excellent. Always full w/ lots of good energy. Do breakfast at the jailhouse cafe (yup, it's the original jailhouse - lol) BEST breakfast in Moab. Across the street on the corner (next to the Post Office) best place to get your morning coffee.

Also saw you going up 15 after passing thru Spanish Fork. You may want to go inland at Logan ( or Idaho Falls ) and head thru Jackson Hole. If you haven't seen the Tetons it is a MUST. It's endless 2 lane blacktops, rivers, forests, etc., etc. Head up thru the Tetons into Yellowstone and this connects directly where your route is at Yellowstone Lake. It's astronomically more scenic (IMHO).

Either way, have BIG FUN and experience a safe and memorable experience.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne