Thumbs up to Baggershield

Thread: Thumbs up to Baggershield

Thumbs up to Baggershield

Just a quick shout out to Spencer at Baggershield for great customer sevice.I purchased a 19" vented windshield from them around 2 or so months ago.Well yesterday I was on the road and went to adjust the vent and the handle broke apart upon trying to move it and all the parts were off in the wind.I got home and E mailed Baggershield explaining what had happened and they got back to me very quickly with a E mail stating a new vent is on it's way.
    Nice to have a great product backed by even better customer service.

Baggershield

That's cool I was looking at buying one !
    I made one out of a old goldwing windshield it's 20 inches
    I was thinking of the 19 for mine !

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Just a quick shout out to Spencer at Baggershield for great customer sevice.I purchased a 19" vented windshield from them around 2 or so months ago.Well yesterday I was on the road and went to adjust the vent and the handle broke apart upon trying to move it and all the parts were off in the wind.I got home and E mailed Baggershield explaining what had happened and they got back to me very quickly with a E mail stating a new vent is on it's way.
    Nice to have a great product backed by even better customer service.

Same thing happened to me and they sent me whole new vent. Wonder if this is a common problem?

That's great that they replaced the vent, but it's not great that these vents seem to be breaking so easily. Sounds like a design flaw or really cheap vents.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    That's great that they replaced the vent, but it's not great that these vents seem to be breaking so easily. Sounds like a design flaw or really cheap vents.
    The one they replaced mine with has worked fine with no problems since the replace.Bottom line is they stand behind there product-something a lot of dealers don't do well these days.up to them for good customer service.

Baggershield Warning- I bought the Bagger from another forum member (no issues). I mounted one shield behind the other so both would be readily available. After about 3 weeks I noticed the little one was making contact and rubbed a scratch spot. So here is your warning don't mount both on the bike at the same. Unless I forgot or did something wrong! Which could be a possibility.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    The one they replaced mine with has worked fine with no problems since the replace.Bottom line is they stand behind there product-something a lot of dealers don't do well these days.up to them for good customer service.

I'm in no way suggesting that their customer service isn't top notch, I'm concerned the vent they use is prone to breaking. You are the second person in this thread to have the vent break on their new shield. These should not be breaking after such little use use. That is my only point.

I just installed a windshield from another manufacturer that also has a vent and will be watching it closely for any issues. My guess is that the vent is not manufactured in house by Baggershield, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I'm in no way suggesting that their customer service isn't top notch, I'm concerned the vent they use is prone to breaking. You are the second person in this thread to have the vent break on their new shield. These should not be breaking after such little use use. That is my only point.

I just installed a windshield from another manufacturer that also has a vent and will be watching it closely for any issues. My guess is that the vent is not manufactured in house by Baggershield, but I could be wrong.
    No problem I just wanted to affirm that the new vent they sent was working fine.Spencer told me that a few shields went out with defective vents by mistake so I'm pretty sure it is not a big problem with there product.And yes they get the vents outside of there own production so I guess it was a vendor problem outside of them.