Trike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trike

Trike

Just wondering here, know this will be sore subject for a lot of you. But i'm considering turning my F6 into a trike. just wondering if anyone has thoughts on which manufacture has the best kit to do it with. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Safe travels to all,,,

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixrdr View Post
    Just wondering here, know this will be sore subject for a lot of you. But i'm considering turning my F6 into a trike. just wondering if anyone has thoughts on which manufacture has the best kit to do it with. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Safe travels to all,,,
    Sore subject??? It's your bike! Do your thing. Member here WillyF6B triked his. He loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixrdr View Post
    Not a sore subject at all. No disrespect meant at all, but I have not ever had the bug for a trike, and I think barring an injury, I do not see ever wanting one. I've always wondered what the appeal is for those, and would be curious to hear yours (and others) thoughts/reasons about wanting one.

Edit: What a coincidence. No sooner had I posted above, I checked an email, and a buddy from Tyler sent me this pic this morning. He said it was made in Troup, Tx.
    Attachment 22661

Edit: FWIW, here is the manufacturer used. http://www.motortrike.com/ The one on the web page has two wheels in front.

Do your home work on every brand from reliability, braking, fit and finish and please remember you ride a motorcycle but you drive a trike I say this because you can lean a motorcycle to change lanes but you have to turn the handle bars on a trike.
    My wife of eight years has had 4 brands in this period of time and found Hannigan to be her favorite she rides 13000 miles per year.
    Hannigan, Euro Wing, California Side Car. and a Road Smith for now and practice riding your trike do not do as a friend of mine did and total his trike within 50 mile of delivery.

Remember weather your on 2 wheels or 3 your still enjoying the ride and it will run as fast a you wish to ride it the wife will run 80-90mph if I don't
    tell her to watch her speed and its not just me and you on the ride when she leads a group ride.

Cool F6B Trike

Hi Mate,

I had my F6B Triked for me by these guys http://www.trikeshop.co.uk Here she is:

Attachment 22662itsalive.jpg I am a wheelchair user and need to ride a Trike due to paralysis from the chest down. For those of us who have to ride with three wheels, you couldn't ask for a better bike to Trike.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Trike,,

Hello to one and all. Speaking of Motortrike, i went thru the plant 2 years ago, never dreaming of owning an F6, pretty neat place whether one get's there on two wheels or three wheels. Guess the main reason i'm thinking of triking the F6 as i live on a country road that's not fit for a car let alone a motorcycle. Course everyone knows the township's are outta money for road repairs. So to answer the question as to why turn the well healed F6 into a trike, it'd be more stable on the country roads l live on. Gravel, potholes, etc. At any rate, wife's not ready to give up the horses and move to town, course i'm not either. Thanks to one and all for the replies,,,Safe travels

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Hi Mate,

I had my F6B Triked for me by these guys http://www.trikeshop.co.uk Here she is:

Attachment 22662Attachment 22663 I am a wheelchair user and need to ride a Trike due to paralysis from the chest down. For those of us who have to ride with three wheels, you couldn't ask for a better bike to Trike.
    Paul B,

Very cool that you still ride. The trike makes perfect sense, of course. The important thing is that you can still ride, and do.

Red face Still Game!

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Paul B,

Very cool that you still ride. The trike makes perfect sense, of course. The important thing is that you can still ride, and do.
    I love my F6B, and there's no way I'd let some like not being able to walk get in the way of enjoying my rides out
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Was going to get the wife a F6B that was triked, except.....no reverse. Adding the extra weight that a trike has, she wouldn't be able to reverse it if/when it came down to it.

"Too each his own" as they say and what works for you is great...I personally have ridden a few trikes and would never own one...I am not ready to give up my F6B yet, 76 years old, as my health and physical condition is pretty decent at this point....When the time comes that I have to quit riding, I will do so with much regret, but a nice Mustang convertible is probably in the cards!!!....Ride safe