Trike - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trike

Hannigan Motorsports Trikes

A friend of mine had his 2016 Goldwing Triked. His was done in Murray KY. by Hannigan Motorsports. www.hannigantrikes.com/ He is very happy with his. Has an extra four gallon fuel tank. Another friend has a Kawasaki Nomad Triked by the same company. I've rode with him and his corners better than other trikes in the group. Much better with the independent suspension. The front end has a "180" kit installed which is a larger front triple tree and tire (basically the same size as the rear tire) and provides a more stable ride. the bike also has a 6" longer wheel base and is about 5' wide in the rear. Very stable, no need to put your feet down or balance the bike at the start

Attachment 22679

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    "Too each his own" as they say and what works for you is great...I personally have ridden a few trikes and would never own one...I am not ready to give up my F6B yet, 76 years old, as my health and physical condition is pretty decent at this point....When the time comes that I have to quit riding, I will do so with much regret, but a nice Mustang convertible is probably in the cards!!!....Ride safe

Never is a long, long time. I am not quite ready either but when my knees give out or I can no longer hold one up, my fat ass will be on a trike chasing the young guys thru the curves !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

When it gets to the point I can't ride a normal bike, for what ever reason, I hope I still have the energy and interest to try something else.. I look at it like an intermediate step between the bike and a mobility scooter I do think I'd go the "Can Am Spyder" route though. I think that they would handle far better than a "triked" motorcycle, as they have a very sophisticated stability control system to deal with the naturally "weird" handling that is characteristic of trikes. I came across a group of Harley trikes last summer in the twisties down in the Cascades; can't say it looked like fun trying to hustle those pigs through the turns. Might have been due to the fact that each one carried at least 600lbs of rider/passenger though! (No offence meant to you large folks!) In the end though, I guess it's all about the wind in the hair.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    When it gets to the point I can't ride a normal bike, for what ever reason, I hope I still have the energy and interest to try something else.. I look at it like an intermediate step between the bike and a mobility scooter I do think I'd go the "Can Am Spyder" route though. I think that they would handle far better than a "triked" motorcycle, as they have a very sophisticated stability control system to deal with the naturally "weird" handling that is characteristic of trikes. I came across a group of Harley trikes last summer in the twisties down in the Cascades; can't say it looked like fun trying to hustle those pigs through the turns. Might have been due to the fact that each one carried at least 600lbs of rider/passenger though! (No offence meant to you large folks!) In the end though, I guess it's all about the wind in the hair.
    If your converted bike is set up properly it should handle nicely. My F6B is so easy to steer compared to my Rune, but she was a different kettle of fish. My wife takes my "B" in and out the garage when it's time for a wash, and even she like it!! And Steve you're right, I have my new Audi S5 and my F6B. If I had to make a choice as to which one to take for a blast, it wouldn't be the Audi...
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"