Packing for the Rally. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Packing for the Rally.

LE and MIL are also not in the business to make money. Don't take this wrong but Massad is in this business to make money, as is Larry Vickers, Hackerthorn my Thursday night instructor Aaron Roberts. Creating a level of paranoia is a subconscious effort used by anyone in this type of business. Scaring folks sells. I am glad you have written a book and are in this profession I respect. But you also must create a level of apprehension and doubt on the average citizen or your book wouldn't be popular, if it is. I push back just a little bit because in reality when the shit hits the fan in the Wallyworld parking lot, the bad guy isn't playing by any rules, and one of us has to go home that night, preferably me. And if I believe a hot reload may be needed to go through two car doors to complete my protection if I am in that situation, then a hot reload is what I will carry in my firearm. I'll give you the results of our dinner discussion tomorrow. I'll save the hillaree battering to myself, it makes me sleep better. Good discussion David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    LE and MIL are also not in the business to make money. Don't take this wrong but Massad is in this business to make money, as is Larry Vickers, Hackerthorn my Thursday night instructor Aaron Roberts. Creating a level of paranoia is a subconscious effort used by anyone in this type of business. Scaring folks sells. I am glad you have written a book and are in this profession I respect. But you also must create a level of apprehension and doubt on the average citizen or your book wouldn't be popular, if it is. I push back just a little bit because in reality when the shit hits the fan in the Wallyworld parking lot, the bad guy isn't playing by any rules, and one of us has to go home that night, preferably me. And if I believe a hot reload may be needed to go through two car doors to complete my protection if I am in that situation, then a hot reload is what I will carry in my firearm. I'll give you the results of our dinner discussion tomorrow. I'll save the hillaree battering to myself, it makes me sleep better. Good discussion David.

You obvously have training in the field and are a smart guy, but with all due respect, I, Ayoob, Vickers, Hackathorn (both of whom I also know) dont make money by creating doubt and apprehension, we make money solving doubt and apprehension

The fact that we make money does not negate the value of our teachings. We don't make stuff up to sell books. I teach what I live and live what I teach.

How will you explain it to the jury when your hot reload, loaded to be hotter than anything available by professional manufacturers, goes through two car doors and kills a 2-year old? Really think your reloads won't be used to convict you?

I've stated my case, the decision is up to you.

Oh, and by the way, how am I creating doubt and apprehension in order to make money, by giving you free advice?
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Oh lord, nevermind David. But you can't admit that TV shows that depict ultra dramatic self defense scenarios that the odds say are never going to happen to you aren't trying to create a bit of fear in the average Joe or Jane? I carry everyday I can, but I admit and am honest with myself that the odds say it most likely will never happen to me. You should be able to admit that the self defense industry has become an unbelievable industry that has exploded in profits for gun makers, holster makers, purse makers, ammo makers and on and on. Well guess how that industry, that you are in, explodes? They create the atmosphere that 'it can happen to you' and you better be prepared. That creates doubt and apprehension in the average JJ that they aren't ready. You solving that doubt and apprehension doesn't make you a salary? Buy my gun, buy my holster, buy my DVD, come to my workshop. When in reality the violent crime rate in this country has taken a big down turn over the last 20 years. And the reason? In Spring TX there about 10-15 violent crimes per month committed in the area that our local paper reports. Out of nearly 80,000 people, again, what are the odds that it will happen to me? I am prepared if it does, but why do we need to create this paranoia in Americans? Oh, wait, we can make profits from that. I'll check out of this argument but if you would please do me one favor and cite a few examples of case law where this scenario has happened. Someone using the incorrect ammo or any device outside of it's design parameters to defend themselves has been prosecuted. I need to read them so I can be better educated. Secondly, I said 'don't take this wrong'. You did. No insults were intended, but your self righteous blinders are on a bit tight. I am as self-righteous as they come, but am also pretty damn honest with myself.

Have a great day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Oh lord, nevermind David. But you can't admit that TV shows that depict ultra dramatic self defense scenarios that the odds say are never going to happen to you aren't trying to create a bit of fear in the average Joe or Jane? I carry everyday I can, but I admit and am honest with myself that the odds say it most likely will never happen to me. You should be able to admit that the self defense industry has become an unbelievable industry that has exploded in profits for gun makers, holster makers, purse makers, ammo makers and on and on. Well guess how that industry, that you are in, explodes? They create the atmosphere that 'it can happen to you' and you better be prepared. That creates doubt and apprehension in the average JJ that they aren't ready. You solving that doubt and apprehension doesn't make you a salary? Buy my gun, buy my holster, buy my DVD, come to my workshop. When in reality the violent crime rate in this country has taken a big down turn over the last 20 years. And the reason? In Spring TX there about 10-15 violent crimes per month committed in the area that our local paper reports. Out of nearly 80,000 people, again, what are the odds that it will happen to me? I am prepared if it does, but why do we need to create this paranoia in Americans? Oh, wait, we can make profits from that. I'll check out of this argument but if you would please do me one favor and cite a few examples of case law where this scenario has happened. Someone using the incorrect ammo or any device outside of it's design parameters to defend themselves has been prosecuted. I need to read them so I can be better educated. Secondly, I said 'don't take this wrong'. You did. No insults were intended, but your self righteous blinders are on a bit tight. I am as self-righteous as they come, but am also pretty damn honest with myself.

Have a great day.
    NICE post

There are some of us that CAN see the forest for the tree's.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Have a great day.

Thanks for showing me that I just wasted a whole lot of time. I will learn from this experience and endeavor to improve myself by trying not to do so again in the future
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

I need to order more ammo....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I need to order more ammo....
    How is .22LR availability in your neck of the woods? Still seemingly rare up here.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    How is .22LR availability in your neck of the woods? Still seemingly rare up here.
    Hit and miss at Wally world. Was there in quantity last time I looked (a month ago?) Federal or Remington - good for my plinking.

However, I usually order Eley or Fiocchi

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/13...ead-round-nose
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/18...ead-round-nose

match grade ammo as the wife's match weapons can be more than particular in their diet.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    Thanks for showing me that I just wasted a whole lot of time. I will learn from this experience and endeavor to improve myself by trying not to do so again in the future
    Well if you can educate me on those case laws, I would not consider it a waste of your time and I would be beyond appreciative. Because I prefer to know what can happen and evaluate my needs from there. In my CHL class one full hour of the class was dedicated to a law firm coming in and drowning the class with the fear of legal coverage needed in case of a self-defense issue. Out of 40 trainees, 38 of them bought the insurance that day from the sheer paranoia this law firm vomited to the class. At nearly $300 a pop, that law firm made a pretty penny in that hour. Curious how many of those buyers will ever need that insurance? My next door neighbor and I were the two that declined until we could do further research.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    Personally, I never got into Sigs double action triggers, though, I just bought their P320 which is a striker
    What do you know, I found one just before class last night in FDE. It is now mine. Couldn't resist the color.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver