$802 per year insurance for two F6Bs. Am I overpaying? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $802 per year insurance for two F6Bs. Am I overpaying?

Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    Unless you owe money on it & your finance company forces you there is no insurance required. You cannot go sans helmet unless you carry a minimum coverage in Florida. I do not have to have any insurance at all on my bikes, they are paid for. However that aint my style.
    If you do not wear a helmet you are required to cover 10,000 medical on yourself. That can be a regular hospital policy. No other ins is mandatory in FL for motorcycles, tho a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    Mostly depends on how much ins you are paying for. Is it 10/20 100/300 ?.. how much deductible ? Do you have underinsured/uninsured ? Tickets.... No answer on this forum will probably fit your exact details. Plus depending on the density of the population area you live in affects it. True you don't have to have any motorcycle ins in Fl . But we are overwhelmed with retired yankees looking for signs to Disney, not motorcycles. This is a great place to have a headlight modulator.
    I'm not sure the numbers. I do know I cancelled all injury protections as the wife has ass-kicking BCBS health ins through her work. 58 & 53 with very good driving records, bikes kept in garage, unincorporated area between the city of Ocala & the Ocala Natl Forest.
    As a Florida native I hear you about the alien drivers.
    '97 Valkyrie Tourer, SOLD!
    '98 Valkyrie Tourer, traded for wife's F6B
    '99 Valkyrie Tourer, traded in on MY NEW F6B!!!!
    '05 Shadow Spirit 750 traded for wife's F6B
    '05 Triumph Rocket 3, gone but not forgotten
    2013 F6B, black standard.
    2013 F6B, red Deluxe for the wife.

Having uninsured ins in Fl is really a good idea and very expensive because 1 in 4 drivers in FL have no ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    If you do not wear a helmet you are required to cover 10,000 medical on yourself. That can be a regular hospital policy. No other ins is mandatory in FL for motorcycles, tho a good idea.
    In Florida, if you are not wearing a helmet, get pulled for a primary offense - say speeding - your insurance card MUST state that the extra $10k insurance is specifically for "not wearing a helmet."
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    Here in Maryland 58 years old great driving record. No speeding tickets. $670 for two bikes F6B and M109. I thought this was good. I need to find someone else. LOL
    That's better than what I am paying for my F6B and my DR650... I'm paying $845.00 ...lthough it's all full coverage and including increased liability and uninsured motorists coverage of 300K. Way above Maryland minimum requirements.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Circle-5

Good Deal!

You are all getting a good deal. In Los Angeles, I pay $605 for ONE bike with the Auto Club, as long as I don't ride more than 1,500 miles per year (!) And that's with a multiple-vehicle discount. More miles and the premium goes up accordingly. I'm 58 with a perfect driving record and I live in a good neighborhood.

Of course, my premium also includes coverage for all the illegals, who never carry insurance and just bolt south of the border if something happens. Then we have all the ambulance chasers, the "hit me I need the money" people, the insurance fraud on a massive scale, etc. Yes, we have nice weather – it's just very expensive!

Not a bad deal at all

I just paid $507 for one F6b for a year. I live in Dallas Tx so the under/uninsured is a extremely high

fl1madmax

No Insurance required in Florida !

Only the Bank wants it , if you pay cash, its Nada !!!!!!!! just hope it's not your fault if you total it !

Quote Originally Posted by powercruzer13 View Post
    Unless you owe money on it & your finance company forces you there is no insurance required. You cannot go sans helmet unless you carry a minimum coverage in Florida. I do not have to have any insurance at all on my bikes, they are paid for. However that aint my style.
    Wow. With no liability, if a motorcycle causes any damage to someone else's property, the property owner has to sue to get compensated? Amazing, especially in a state with a 12 month riding season.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Paying $680 in Huntington Beach, CA for one 2015 F6B from AAA! That nice weather is VERY expensive. Moving north next year, can't afford to be retired and have good weather anymore.