Mustang questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mustang questions

Mustang questions

After reading all the Mustang seat threads I could find.....I still want some opinioins on if this is the right seat for my wiife and I.

I havnt found much info on passenger comfort. How do your spouses feel about the seat?

For you vertically challenged folks like myself...Was that inch lower very noticeable?

Anyone in Colorado willing to let me take a peak at yours in person? I'm not someone that does real touring, most of my rides are less than 300 miles in a day, so I dont feel I need a RDL.

Is the tuck and roll just a styling detail? Same in comfort as the regular version?

Thanks for any input from you current and ex owners!
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Good day Broncs! My wife has only ridden with me about 6 or 7 times for about 3-4 hours each, but every time I always ask her comfort level and she says it's very comfortable. I only have the standard version so I can't give you an answer about the comfort difference between standard & tuck and roll versions.

Hopefully Brasco reads this and shares his experience about the seat height difference.

If your vertically challenged as some say, myself included, the Mustang seat works great for me being 1" or so lower...Comfort is good once it breaks in a little and I have no issues with the seat..Can't speak to the passenger comfort as I only ride one up....If you do decide to go with Mustang, make sure you order the aftermarket tapered seat bolts from Value Accessories to replace the stock ones with...Otherwise you will do a lot of swearing and groaning trying to make the OEM bolts fit...Worth the few bucks they cost in the overall installation of the seat...I have the standard seat, the tuck-and-roll looks nice, but I know of no other benefit over the standard unit...Ride safe....

Not vertically challenged, but the 1" lower is nice and noticeable.

The wife does not like that rise/hump in the center of the back seat. She is not a fan at all. I keep reminding her that I bought the bike for me.
    Albuquerque, NM

Great seat replacement - for me

I don't have a rider so can't comment on comfort level of the passenger side of the equation. However, I bought this seat and installed it myself. I don't consider myself "vertically challenged" (though some might). I have really noticed and appreciated the 1" drop however. I can also tell you that after a few trips to break in the seat, the tuck 'n' roll feature does provide more comfort.

I had a buddy who tried to replace his seat and ended up having to drive the 4 miles to our Honda shop with the seat strapped on with zip ties so they could get the mounting bolts installed. Even the guys at the Honda shop that I consider among the best of the best struggled with it. Needless to say I was amazed when it took me only about 30 minutes to install mine all by my lonesome. Maybe I just got lucky.

All in all, I love my Mustang seat.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Not verticlenged, but the 1" lower is nice nd noticeable.

The wife does not like that rise/hump in the center of the back seat. She is not a fan at all. I keep reminding her that I bought the bike for me.
    interesting... I'm assuming you're using a backrest?
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    interesting... I'm assuming you're using a backrest?
    I do use a backrest on long trips. But that is not what I am referring to.

On the Mustang seat, there is a hump that starts about in the middle of the rear seat and goes towards the front seat "back rest". It feels like you are sitting on a bump. I don't think that guys would like it any better.

Some day, I plan on cutting it out and putting in soft foam to maintain the look, but give when sitting on it. We'll see ....
    Albuquerque, NM

the lowering was great for getting flat footed. wife loves the seat. If you hurry there is one for sale at a decent price in the classifieds and since it's broken in you won't need the tapered bolts

Quote Originally Posted by TailGunner View Post
    the lowering was great for getting flat footed. wife loves the seat. If you hurry there is one for sale at a decent price in the classifieds and since it's broken in you won't need the tapered bolts
    That is interesting that your wife likes it and mine does not. Sounds like a typical seat review.

I just went and sat on the rear and it definitely has some significant pressure in the frontal area.

I'm happy that I bought the seat for its looks (oh, and being lower). Had to get rid of that moped seat.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    That is interesting that your wife likes it and mine does not. Sounds like a typical seat review.

I just went and sat on the rear and it definitely has some significant pressure in the frontal area.

I'm happy that I bought the seat for its looks (oh, and being lower). Had to get rid of that moped seat.
    I agree, it is like the oil debate. To each hos own.