Groups going to Russellville - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Groups going to Russellville

Quote Originally Posted by Bighutch14 View Post
    Looking at the map...Bloomington/Normal IL seems like a good meet up spot. Chicago is out of the way and I Would rather not go through there anyways. Bloomington is right off 55 south west of Chicago. What day do you plan on leaving etc.
    Sorry Big Hutch, I've been in Minneapolis, for 8 days, away from my computer. We could meet up by Your location, and head towards Bloomington/Normal. We can ride with F6B1911's group. I may opt not to travel thru St. Louis, as I detest big city riding, but I can change my mind at the time. Also, like you, I plan a stop-over somewhere down the road. The southern part of Missourri, is also part of the Ozzarks, and has some fabulous cycle roads. I plan to hit some of them on my way thru. Also. I want to steer clear of Branson, on the way thru. Do you know what day we would meet F6B1911's group, and an estimate of the time? Let me know Your ideas. Thanks! And as a side note, my F6B Service Manual, finally arrived from my dealer! Only took about 9 months!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Sorry Big Hutch, I've been in Minneapolis, for 8 days, away from my computer. We could meet up by Your location, and head towards Bloomington/Normal. We can ride with F6B1911's group. I may opt not to travel thru St. Louis, as I detest big city riding, but I can change my mind at the time. Also, like you, I plan a stop-over somewhere down the road. The southern part of Missourri, is also part of the Ozzarks, and has some fabulous cycle roads. I plan to hit some of them on my way thru. Also. I want to steer clear of Branson, on the way thru. Do you know what day we would meet F6B1911's group, and an estimate of the time? Let me know Your ideas. Thanks! And as a side note, my F6B Service Manual, finally arrived from my dealer! Only took about 9 months!

I would like to join you if we can hook up somewhere. I am 1 hour south of St. Louis in Ste. Genevieve which is off Rt55. Happy to meet along the way
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Do you have the route all set?
    Going to stay west of St. Louis? We were trying to slip in a stop at Bon Air in East Alton, IL.
    If we can all hook up on the way down, might be a decent group. Choptop, Bighutch14, DavidK, jm21ddd15
    Found out that a friend, belongs to the forum but rarely posts and who I have been bugging for a year or two about going, is signed up to go. We have not got down to specifics yet, he will be in Oz till the 15th, but he wants to take the Wisconsin "Great river road", 35 down along the Mississippi to St Louis and then head west and then south, have to wait till he gets back, would like to leave Sunday to allow for this slower route.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    We may have a Maryland contingent going out together (three riders so far, based on past IM's that I have been privy to so far). More to be seen if that actually transpires ... group ride to Russellville.

I myself, plan to leave early Monday @ o'dark thirty and head to the Washington DC beltway (495) and then take take 66 west to 81 south. Will push it to somewhere in Tennessee and then refuel/rest for the night. Following day (Tuesday) will resume travel and hit Russellville in the early/late afternoon.

Ya'll Marylanders pipe up. Hear? Or I'll run this road trip... alone.

Road Trip !!!

Who's NOT excited ????

Who want's to come along?

Will
    I had thought about leaving Sunday Am and going out rt70 to 81 and down, I am right on rt70
    just east of Fredrick
    Will get there on Tuesday sometime about 1100 miles for me.
    shortleg

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I would like to join you if we can hook up somewhere. I am 1 hour south of St. Louis in Ste. Genevieve which is off Rt55. Happy to meet along the way
    Sounds good. The issue is when we can get the small groups to meet along the way, if they are interested, in riding the great southern Missouri roads on our way to the rally. I road thru there last year, and the Mark Twain National Forrest was quite awesome. Great roads all around the area. I crossed into Arkansas by way of the "Peel Ferry Route", and loved it. I'm sure as a Missouri resident, you have some favorite routes that we could take. If "Choptops" group meets up with us, along the way, possibly could be a dozen or more in the group. The big "if" is everyones' individual schedule, can link up. But, as for me, I'm in. Just gotta keep in contact as the date gets closer. John

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Do you have the route all set?
    Going to stay west of St. Louis? We were trying to slip in a stop at Bon Air in East Alton, IL.
    If we can all hook up on the way down, might be a decent group. Choptop, Bighutch14, DavidK, jm21ddd15
    Sounds like a good chance of a "meet-up", in Bloomington, and riding down 55. Not sure if all our schedules will match, but it'd be worth checking out. Keep in touch. John

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Will
    I had thought about leaving Sunday Am and going out rt70 to 81 and down, I am right on rt70
    just east of Fredrick
    shortleg
    I can do that with you. I am 50 miles east of you. I used to take I-70 into Frederick every day for work (until I started working from home).

Thunder217 pinged me last November about riding along as well (he's up in upper Marlboro I think). Maybe he can meet us @ I-81 south if he runs the DC Beltway towards Front Royal on I-66 west...

...unless he wants to take the way to Frederick as well

Thunder217...!!! Post up!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Will
    just east of Fredrick
    shortleg
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I can do that with you. I am 50 miles east of you. I used to take I-70 into Frederick every day for work (until I started working from home).

Thunder217 pinged me last November about riding along as well (he's up in upper Marlboro I think). Maybe he can meet us @ I-81 south if he runs the DC Beltway towards Front Royal on I-66 west...

...unless he wants to take the way to Frederick as well

Thunder217...!!! Post up!
    Shortleg... I misread your post initially when I responded... We can get there in two days rather than 2+ days... can you do roughly 500 miles per day? if we leave early Monday AM we can get to Russelville Tuesday late afternoon (with a stop somewhere in Knoxville, Tennessee on Monday night).

...or are you proposing a Sunday night and Monday night stop, before getting to Russelville on Tuesday?

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Would be nice if their was some type of an app were (1) in a group could be tracked by other groups, coming from the same direction and then get rid of it after the rally. The North should show up in force.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Would be nice if their was some type of an app were (1) in a group could be tracked by other groups, coming from the same direction and then get rid of it after the rally. The North should show up in force.
    Could be a Northern invasion of the South all over again

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537