R.T.E. #14 Franklin NC. Sept. 02,2016 thru 04
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.T.E. #14 Franklin NC. Sept. 02,2016 thru 04

R.T.E. #14 Franklin NC. Sept. 02,2016 thru 04

Meet up at the Microtel Inn. 81 Allman Dr. Franklin NC. 28734 828-349-9000 The first weekend in September Friday the 2nd through Sunday the 4th. For great riding and eating. I suggest Dillard House in Dillard Ga. Friday night but could be Saturday night. Open for suggestion. I'll be there the whole weekend. Are there any others that wish to join me?...... Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Might as well put me on the I'll be there list...................Dickie

Been there, Done that (old Rally location)

2016 F6B Rally is now being held in Russellville Arkansas (The OZARKS) with a ride over to the "Bikes, Blues & BBQ" Festival where many motorcycle vendors will be located.
    Just a few weeks away

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I will be there with my brother in law and nephew!! Should be arriving by Thursday PM

As I said when the new location was planned, we will lose some and gain some. Same thing moving from Erin,TN. I think it is a good thing to keep moving the rally. You gain some new people and a new areas to ride in and explore. We live in a big country and it is nice to get to see more of it and meet new "family" members as well. There are some that can't make Russellville for different reasons. I will not be making either the Rally and or going to Franklin this year. Depending on where the Rally is next year will determine if I can make it as well. This is the first rally I will miss in ....I think this is the 10th year. WOW it has been a long time! I have met some great people and had some wonderful times as well. Who knows maybe next year!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Dickie,
    I am so excited you are doing this!! I can't go to Russellville so this works out perfectly! Thank you.

Like Steve 0080, I will be going on a trip-of-a-lifetime out West for about 3 weeks during rally time so I will have to miss both the Franklin group and the rally. I do hate to miss these gatherings where I can catch up with old friends but the trip I'm going on is one I can't afford to pass up. I hope everyone going either to Franklin or the rally has a great and safe time. --Ken
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Meet up at the Microtel Inn. 81 Allman Dr. Franklin NC. 28734 828-349-9000 The first weekend in September Friday the 2nd through Sunday the 4th. For great riding and eating. I suggest Dillard House in Dillard Ga. Friday night but could be Saturday night. Open for suggestion. I'll be there the whole weekend. Are there any others that wish to join me?...... Dickie
    I will be at Ironhorse just off NC28. Be aware of the black and white Spyder!
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Sounds like one hell of a RTE, the Dillard House is that good though. I have had some things come up and won't be able to go, and i also won't be going to Rally this year. I will catch up with you guys on the next RTE.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

I am on the fence with riding up this weekend. What day are you leaving central Florida heading up? I am waiting on a tire for my bike and have not made up my mind yet. If I can find someone to ride up with May make the trip more barrable.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    As I mentioned to you at one of the RTE's, I wanted to make this trip but won't be doing it for two reasons . . . #1, it's my wedding anniversary that weekend, and #2 (and probably the biggest reason I will not be attending) is that it's Labor Day weekend, one of the heaviest travel weekends of the summer and that area will be flooded with tourists for sure. Instead, I have reservations in Robbinsville at the Two Wheel Inn the week of Sept 12th and will be touring the area during that week. Have a great time and be safe.