Bloomsburg, PA fair

Thread: Bloomsburg, PA fair

Bloomsburg, PA fair

I don't know if anybodies interested but I thought I'd mention it in the hopes we could put together a ride and meet with a destination and function. This year the fair runs from Sept. 25 to Saturday Oct. 1. To be honest the fair takes at least 2 days to see it all but I always say "see what you can in the time you have left". So I'll let you pick the dates. (you might want to do a search for their web site to review their entertainment schedule). Note this year the ride out there will be at the peak of the fall colors so bring a camera.
    The location is about 65 miles west of the Delaware Water Gap right up I-80.

Why do I like this fair you ask?

Bloomsburg Fair – Food, Food, and More Food
    As the largest fair in the state of Pennsylvania, it wouldn’t be the Fair without the FAIR FOOD! If you’re looking for variety anything from lobsters, steaks, hamburgers, perogies to cotton candy etc., you’ve come to the right place, as it’s estimated that there are 1,500 food stands at the Bloomsburg Fair! That's right 1500 food stands alone!! I have no idea how many other displays and vendor booths there are but they do outnumber the food stand many many times over that explains why it takes 2 days to see it all, Now I know I'm probably the only one here that rides to eat but I'm sure you can find something to do while waiting for me,

Besides they have special parking for motorcycles!

Now my only problem is the Saugrities, NY Garlic festival is on October 1 and 2. If you like garlic you'll love the food and entertainment there. In an ideal world we would do the Bloomsburg fair on Saturday the first stay over and ride up through the fall colors of the Poconos Mts, up SR-209 through the Catskills Mts. to Saugritires for lunch on Sunday the second.

The timing doesn't work for me Bob, so I'm passing on this one. Something comes up later in October, post it up.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Just a reminder the fair starts a week from tomorrow. Senior citizen day is Monday the 26 with free admission for those with proof of age 65 or older.
    Being very frugal I'll be going on Monday to see half the fair (that crowd seems to move very slow for some reason) and then again on another day to be determined. As I wrote it really takes 2 days to see it all and that's not counting the time spent at the bike barn.

And I will need time to eat!!