Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
Originally, the tire was a 612, sold exclusively by Discount Tire for around $70. I still have one more new one left in my own stock. That model was discontinued and replaced by the ZE-912. Here is one of many links to it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TIRE-195...-/252476664909

As I have mentioned previously, I originally found this tire being used by Yellow Wolf and friends, some of the fastest Gold Wing riders in Western NC. For super-aggressive riders, this tire doesn't last all that long (mainly due to edge wear) but the performance and feel in wet or dry conditions is unbeatable, in my experience. The fact that this tire is not symmetrical is a non-factor since it goes left or right equally well. So, in summary, this tire would be for someone looking more for performance in any conditions than uber-long tread life.
If I were to go DS, my main concern is handling and that the nimble feeling of my F6B ( yes I mentioned nimble and a Gold Wing in the same sentence ...lol ) is not affected. I really enjoy the ability to toss this big bike back and forth in the twisties and don't want that to be compromised. I know that DS on my Valkyrie does affect it adversly ,in my opinion, this way. So what kind of life/mileage are we talking about?