Need advice on backrest - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on backrest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    fl1madmax

Lightbulb Ultimate Seats Ormond Beach Florida

Quote Originally Posted by TennX View Post
    I dont have a F6B yet, but I actively follow all the forums, its my understanding that ultimate will be offering a bracket to raise the passenger backrest...good luck
    My Last 4 bikes have had Ultimate Seats, Road Star, Stratoliner, Gold Wing and Harley Road Gliide, Ill wait to see what they look like , theres a Corbin Place right up the road from Harley Destination , there both building them and they both come with Drivers and Passanger Back rest that pull out for Single around town Driving, I think a few months to Wait for something Great is worth, this is my last Bike, I'm 64 and got property on 129 North Georgia, the Dragon is only 2 hour ride, and all those roads are beautiful in the NE Georgia Area, Love this Scooter, I have 3000 miles cause I still work, but this bike is GREAT !!!!! some time you just have to wait , for the good stuff, then V&H pipes and I'm done Be Safe JB

Thinking about replacing the stock seat with a Corbin and driver backrest. The stock is pretty comfortable though, don't know yet about long distances, but Im sure a backrest would be nice. I was thinking about using a Cruiser luggage bag to lean back on instead. Any opinions?

we just finished this today. Haven't figured out a price yet, I'm heading to Sturgis tomorrow to test it for a week. its 5" taller at the tallest point. it is totally adjustable, pull a pin in the back and put it where you want it.

backrest 1.jpg

backrest 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro413 View Post
    we just finished this today. Haven't figured out a price yet, I'm heading to Sturgis tomorrow to test it for a week. its 5" taller at the tallest point. it is totally adjustable, pull a pin in the back and put it where you want it.

Attachment 1339

Attachment 1340
    This is interesting!

That looks really good. Lots of folks are going to be eager to see the details on that one. More pictures, well lit, showing back and side views would be good. Also a good close up, well lit, backview, with the back cover removed from the backrest. The more detail, the better, and of course, the pricing. I think you're on to something here. Hurry back from Sturgis.

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro413 View Post

Attachment 1339

Attachment 1340
    I'm leaving for San Diego from Philly on 8/2 with the wife in tow. She's not crazy about the stock backrest but was willing to give it a try on a long run. I saw the Corbin seat to late to get it in time for the ride. I ordered the riser from Steve today and I'm praying it makes it here in time. How did your invention hold out in Sturgis? Are you back yet? do you have a price yet? and can you ship next day? hahahaha. Hope you enjoyed Sturgis and had a chance to stop at Full Throttle Salon. I went last year and had a ball!!!!!!!

Ultimate Seats Passenger back rest Brackets

Think Steve's solution has better price point

#18140-D-BO - Passenger backrest bracket ONLY for Deluxe model F6B - 3 inches higher than stock.
    Picture shows stock bracket and stock pad
    vs
    Ultimate bracket with stock pad
    $45
    http://www.ultimateseats.ca/f6b_oebr_compare.html

Corbin Passenger Backrest

Has anyone installed one of these. $300 seems steep considering the Mustang was only $550.

I emailed Jeff Schultz at stormlakehonda.com they have a backrest extension for $150 they are refining it at mo due to some rattle issues without a passenger, but says they should have the finished product soon.

Corbin pad

Quote Originally Posted by djohncline View Post
    Has anyone installed one of these. $300 seems steep considering the Mustang was only $550.
    Attachment 5715Attachment 5716seat1.jpg
    Just a few pics and post from August of last year.

Just rolled in from Corbin, Hollister. New pad is a must, stock one did not cut it for the wife. Looks bigger in the flesh then on the website. When they brought out the pad it was square looking with a rounded top, did not flow too well with the bike. I had them raise the top to a peak, making the pad look longer, and not as stubby. Raising the pad made the OEM bracket flex, so they reinforced with a few welds. There was not much fabric to choose from, none of their fabric matched the OEM grain, so I just went with black leather. All in all, The wife is happy, I'm happy. Looks good.