Need advice on backrest - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on backrest

sorry for the delayed response. I'm back, it worked great!! we are doing some finishing touches on it and I will have some pictures of the finished product in a couple of days. we went with a different latch system, so that is the hold up right now. stay tuned....

I'm interested in the final piece. I like the adjustable different heights. When the Mrs isn't riding with me, you would be able to put it back to stock height.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I'm interested in the final piece. I like the adjustable different heights. When the Mrs isn't riding with me, you would be able to put it back to stock height.
    yes, there are actually 5 different settings. when its at the bottom it actually sits about 1/8" taller then the stock setting.

Since I started this thread I thought I would tell everyone how I solved the issue. I went out and bought a Corbin saddle and the passenger back rest. Costly but it took care of the issue. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    Since I started this thread I thought I would tell everyone how I solved the issue. I went out and bought a Corbin saddle and the passenger back rest. Costly but it took care of the issue. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Hope to hear read your review on your new saddle soon!

What a Trip !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Roddizog....not to worry...I will send yours out this morning at the Post Office !!!! I will over night it just to be sure your wife is happy....I did leave a message on your phone..... Hope you enjoy your trip!!!!
    I'm back from my ride to San Diego from Philly with the wife!!!!! Thanks to Steve's back rest and his fast shipping the wife enjoyed the whole entire trip!!!!! We did 600+ days and put about close to 7000 miles (round trip) on my baby
    (F6B) and my baby rode like a champ!!!!!! We went the southern route (Tennessee, New Orleans, Texas, New Mexico, and into San Diego) we also rode the coast in to LA. I thought I was not ready for a wing yet but thank you Honda for the F6B!!!!!!

Trouble removing the Back of the passenger Backrest

Anyone else having trouble removing the back of the passenger backrest? I removed the two bolts, but the cover won't come loose... Thanks.

after you remove the two screws, pry the bottom open a little and put your hand in. There are two plastic "V" shaped doodads that just need a little pressure to pop out. Seems to work best when you push them outwards from the inside

Quote Originally Posted by paqcom View Post
    Anyone else having trouble removing the back of the passenger backrest? I removed the two bolts, but the cover won't come loose... Thanks.
    Does this help?

Attachment 5638Attachment 5639

Tough Puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    after you remove the two screws, pry the bottom open a little and put your hand in. There are two plastic "V" shaped doodads that just need a little pressure to pop out. Seems to work best when you push them outwards from the inside
    I could see those doodads after removing the screws. Didn't want to pull too hard, I was afraid of breaking something. Thanks for your help. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Out riding the beast all day. What an awesome ride. Stopped in a rest area and had a couple around my age asking about the bike. She wanted to try out the passenger seat. I let her get on, he took a photo of us. I hope my fiance doesn't find it on the internet somewhere. Last week had two young ladies asking for a ride... Thanks for your help! I'll let you know if I'm successful...