Oooooooh, I went to the rally, saw that and want that!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oooooooh, I went to the rally, saw that and want that!

Oooooooh, I went to the rally, saw that and want that!

A few of us took rides on other members bikes. While we definitely walked and admired our friends bikes. What did you see or feel on your ride or see on the walkarounds that made you say........'I want that'?

I really like the windscreen Chess had. I took many pics and hope to get the manufacturer to repeat his custom screen. I rode Charlie's bike and loved the throttle paddle. Even though I have cruise that throttle paddle would have been great for the rides we had last week. My throttle thumb gets to aching with the on/off throttle riding. (Which paddle do you have with stock grips and grip puppies?) If I could go solo I really liked the Colonels solo pilot package. There is also no doubt at how awesome the SoCal LED headlamps can improve safety. I had several folks behind me on the convoy to Fayetteville that just make the B so much more noticeable. They are on my short list for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    A few of us took rides on other members bikes. While we definitely walked and admired our friends bikes. What did you see or feel on your ride or see on the walkarounds that made you say........'I want that'?

I really like the windscreen Chess had. I took many pics and hope to get the manufacturer to repeat his custom screen. I rode Charlie's bike and loved the throttle paddle. Even though I have cruise that throttle paddle would have been great for the rides we had last week. My throttle thumb gets to aching with the on/off throttle riding. (Which paddle do you have with stock grips and grip puppies?) If I could go solo I really liked the Colonels solo pilot package. There is also no doubt at how awesome the SoCal LED headlamps can improve safety. I had several folks behind me on the convoy to Fayetteville that just make the B so much more noticeable. They are on my short list for sure.
    I want the remote saddlebag release the Steve has on his.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

More power, Mr. Scott!

I'm going to improve my audio system next.
    I don't want a sub, and I do not want to sacrifice any storage space, but I know I need a bit (as in a LOT) more oomph from the amp and different drivers.

So I guess I'm looking for a small (size) power amp, running some 14/4 gauge speaker cable and speakers that will fit without modifying the bike.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I'm going to improve my audio system next.
    I don't want a sub, and I do not want to sacrifice any storage space, but I know I need a bit (as in a LOT) more oomph from the amp and different drivers.

So I guess I'm looking for a small (size) power amp, running some 14/4 gauge speaker cable and speakers that will fit without modifying the bike.
    Without a sub? You're best bet would probably be the incarnation that Robert (Pressorv) did. His system sounded pretty decent without the sub. Mine sounds ok, without the sub, but really needs the sub. He has the advantage ,as you know, with the control over the signal input. Very impressive, but impressive costs you. But hey , you got it.. Can't hide money.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I don't want to have to play with all those gizmos. If I want to do that, I go get my big PA toys out.

However, Rob and you both said that signal coming right off the pre-amp was AFU, so maybe.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I want the remote saddlebag release the Steve has on his.
    Here ya go!
    http://www.mblinnovations.com/store/...ntrol--16-.htm
    Takes 30 minutes to install.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Bahhhh, you got something against sheep? Sheep are people too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I am evaluating audio as well. And just like Steve, don't want to give up a bag. Posted this in another thread for evaluation and consideration and Robert gave some great direction.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...rma-grin-style

But, to keep on topic, I experienced more peer pressure than I have since junior high. Calvin forced me, and numerous others, to sit on his Ultimate seat repeatedly. He even led me kicking and screaming directly to the Ultimate trailer at the BBB vendor area. Yes, I succumbed to the pressure and purchased the Ultimate King. Awesome seat, awesome supporting vendor, awesome friend. Thanks Calvin.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    I am evaluating audio as well. And just like Steve, don't want to give up a bag. Posted this in another thread for evaluation and consideration and Robert gave some great direction.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...rma-grin-style

But, to keep on topic, I experienced more peer pressure than I have since junior high. Calvin forced me, and numerous others, to sit on his Ultimate seat repeatedly. He even led me kicking and screaming directly to the Ultimate trailer at the BBB vendor area. Yes, I succumbed to the pressure and purchased the Ultimate King. Awesome seat, awesome supporting vendor, awesome friend. Thanks Calvin.
    I am glad you're enjoying the seat, now you can join the Iron Butt crew with less pain...LOL!!!
    2004 R6
    2006 Black Ducati 749s
    2007 Special Edition ZX-14
    2009 HD V-Rod Night Rod
    2013 Honda F6B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sitting on Calvins seat definitely put the ultimate King on my shortlist. And the adjustable baggershield the wife liked a lot when I took Charlie's bike for a ride.