What grade of gas do you use? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: What grade of gas do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Zteve View Post
    I just received my service manual and can't seem to find the US octane requirement. You'd think it would be in the Specs. but it's not. Anyone know what page this is on? I've been using 87 as stated by the forum and most members. Just wanted to see it in print in my new 2" thick Service Manual.
    Thanks

Page 136: 86 octane or higher. It's also stated in the quick reference on the next to last page of the manual.

This is a 2013 manual so a newer one may be different. Check under fuel in the index.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
    Page 136: 86 octane or higher. It's also stated in the quick reference on the next to last page of the manual.

This is a 2013 manual so a newer one may be different. Check under fuel in the index.
    Mine has an issue date of 2014 and has 26 individual sections plus the Electrical Manual. So it's a little different than yours. Still can't find it but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zteve View Post
    Mine has an issue date of 2014 and has 26 individual sections plus the Electrical Manual. So it's a little different than yours. Still can't find it but thanks.
    Oops,, I was looking at the "owners manual".

Cool fuel octane rating

Here in Oz we have 91, 95, 98 I have used all and found no real difference.
    So I stick with 91 and about every third fill use 95 or 98 just to make me feel better.

Low compression motors dont enjoy the benefit of high octane fuels. Higher compression motors benefit due to higher anti-knock ratings associated with higher octane ratings. 87 octane Pemex Baja cactus juice works fine in our motors. Its designed to.. I used to run bluegas in my blown 5 liter Stang and my Gixxers, but the motors were hi-comp or forced induction and thrived on it. but I also worked as an A&P on an airport and had free access to it. Dont run it in anything with a converter. Toast. Concerned about water and dirt from the bottom of storage tanks? Buy only at stations that sell high volume, their fuel isnt sitting around waiting to be sold. And buy only quality-Chevron or Shell. Just sayin'.....