Harley Davidson gets their...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harley Davidson gets their...

Harley Davidson gets their...

...tallywhacker slapped by Big Brother.

No more "Screaming Eagle" tuners

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...emissions-suit

Harley-Davidson Inc. will pay $15 million to end a U.S. lawsuit accusing the iconic motorcycle maker of selling performance-enhancing engine tuners the government said were illegal emission-control defeat devices.

In a settlement announced Thursday, Harley also said it would stop selling and buy back and destroy its “Screamin’ Eagle” Pro Super Tuners.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Europe has VW and America has Harley Davidson, they're like two moronic cousins although I can't hate them for trying to screw the environmental wackos that believe a can of deodorant or a tailpipe will cause the Apocolypse, at least don't get caught.

Bone Stock Performance

With the Screaming Eagle enhancements now done, how are those Harley Folks going to "pull stumps"

There should be a big decrease in "sticker prices" at the HD Dealers. Maybe a "fire sale" of sorts

We best not be too smug as Big Brother will be looking at other "fuel/performance add on boxes"

Not sure if this is the culprit or not! Just $250.00 from your local HD Dealer!

Attachment 22830

For it to be a successful buy back program owners need to be willing to bring them back to the store. Willing is the operative word.

Now that the hammer has come down I imagine the value of any bike with that installed will command a higher price, albeit just outside the law..

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    For it to be a successful buy back program owners need to be willing to bring them back to the store. Willing is the operative word.

Now that the hammer has come down I imagine the value of any bike with that installed will command a higher price, albeit just outside the law..
    Here is the real kicker and is going to have a lot of H-D owners up in arms "provision in the settlement discourages owners from using the modifications by terminating their warranty if they do."
    The case is U.S. v. Harley-Davidson Inc., 16-cv-1687, U.S. District Court, District of Columbia https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...cree-filed.pdf
    and my stock in H-D fell almost 8 percent on news of the lawsuit before rebounding. They closed down 1.7 percent in New York trading today.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Shame on HD, but a $12 million dollar fine is "peanuts" to a company as big as they are...Should have been fined $50 million in my opinion...If they were a car company they would have paid "up the ass"......JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Shame on HD, but a $12 million dollar fine is "peanuts" to a company as big as they are...Should have been fined $50 million in my opinion...If they were a car company they would have paid "up the ass"......JMHO
    Yea the fine ain't much, but what they are going to lose in stock price, buybacks, customer loyalty and just plain pissed off guys who can't get warranty work done if they still have the screaming chicken still on is going to cost a hell of a lot more than $12 million IMO. time will tell

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    And WHO do you think pays these fines? F&*K the EPA.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Here is the real kicker and is going to have a lot of H-D owners up in arms "provision in the settlement discourages owners from using the modifications by terminating their warranty if they do."
    The case is U.S. v. Harley-Davidson Inc., 16-cv-1687, U.S. District Court, District of Columbia https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...cree-filed.pdf
    and my stock in H-D fell almost 8 percent on news of the lawsuit before rebounding. They closed down 1.7 percent in New York trading today.
    yeah maybe to those that have warranty coverage still. Otherwise uh-uh...

I think almost any type "aftermarket" accessory that you can buy, has a disclaimer of "for off road use only". Especially air/fuel/exhaust/ECM enhancements.

This supposedly covers the third party manufacturers butt. However the EPA did attempt a move towards the regulation of "off road" vehicles in the same aspect... but then withdrew. Here's just a quick link that I found remarking that:

http://yellowhammernews.com/politics...labama-racing/

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537