New motors and chassis from HD for 2017

Thread: New motors and chassis from HD for 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Variety is the spice of life...Short of that you are stuck in the missionary position!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have owned more bikes than I can count. In 1988 think I had 12. Mostly crotch rockets and sport touring. Most current 4 cylinder 600 cc Japanese sport bikes are faster than the f6b and can double it's corner speed so I do not see why anyone would claim it to be fast. The f6b is a very smooth big Ole bike, handles really well for what it is and it's low tech engine will provide thousands of care free miles smooth and safely. Since I currently care to own one bike it seems to be a rather good compromise to get out and ride while often taking the wife in a comfortable ridr

Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    I have owned more bikes than I can count. In 1988 think I had 12. Mostly crotch rockets and sport touring. Most current 4 cylinder 600 cc Japanese sport bikes are faster than the f6b and can double it's corner speed so I do not see why anyone would claim it to be fast. The f6b is a very smooth big Ole bike, handles really well for what it is and it's low tech engine will provide thousands of care free miles smooth and safely. Since I currently care to own one bike it seems to be a rather good compromise to get out and ride while often taking the wife in a comfortable ridr
    Is this really true? When a magazine tested a 2013 F6B, they reported a 3.3 second 0-60 mph time and a 11.-- 1/4 mile time...which is on par with a CBR900.

As for Harleys, I have never ridden one but wouldn't time trying one out. I like innovation, high-tech and efficient when it comes to motor vehicles...seems as though Harley is kinda hampered by their customer base by not wanting to get too far away from the "Harley" experience...which is based in 60s and 70s tech. Frankly, I want less vibration, less noise, and more comfort and will steer clear of any manufacturer that seems to be avoiding those things.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Circle-5
    The new Milwaukee Eight engine does nothing short of catapulting Harley Davidson from the 1960s directly into the 1980s. Impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    The new Milwaukee Eight engine does nothing short of catapulting Harley Davidson from the 1960s directly into the 1980s. Impressive!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Harley knows its core demographic and it's not me, or probably any other F6B rider. Where Harley faces its biggest future challenge in North America is the same as all the bike mfr's... where will the new generation(s) of riders come from? Millennials who are holding down two part-time minimum wage jobs to pay the rent bills ain't buying a new bike, let alone a Harley, either as a recreational vehicle or even commuter ride. Up here in ONterrible Canada, basic liability insurance on a used 250cc bike can run a new under-25 rider multiple $1000s/yr, and we only get MAYBE 6 months warm riding weather.

So Harley is putting in the technology it must to meet gov't regs and help it's customers not be quite as embarrassed when F6B riders quietly smoke past them in the curves or the straights. But they are preaching to the choir which is older and more gray each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    THAT was Very good indeed. I snorted beer through my sinuses when I read that. Seriously.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

new harley 2017

I've never owned a harley.when finally could afford a touring ride the f6b was choice cause of sport bike past and wife who loved the seat.However, I personally think street glide is coolest looking tourer out there.Wantone and Old rider good posts.I just can't stomach the harley riders who can't acknowledge other great bikes.like has been mentioned millenials just can't as a whole afford these bikes.Frankly smaller displacement midsized bikes will probably become more popular.