New motors and chassis from HD for 2017 - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New motors and chassis from HD for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything (except ride a Harley Davidson).
    This is true. My lifetime experiences are not an absolute.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    In ALL ofl my years of motorcycling, I have NEVER ridden a Harley Davidson. I've sat on one several times at dealers but that's it... I just don't feel the attraction.

Is there something wrong with me?
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmm........................no.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    In ALL ofl my years of motorcycling, I have NEVER ridden a Harley Davidson. I've sat on one several times at dealers but that's it... I just don't feel the attraction.

Is there something wrong with me?
    Okay let me help you out, get the old lady's Hoover out of the closet, turn it on then throw some ball bearings on the floor and run the Hoover over them...the feeling in the Hoover's handle and the sound as the bearings go through he vacume will give you a good idea why you don't "feel the attraction" to a H-D. Next go to your laundry room put three pair of wet jeans on one side of the washer's tub, then turn on spin cycle, next try and set on the washer you will very fast realize why you don't own a H-D and why some women love them

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I have owned (2) Harley's, a '85 Wide Glide and a '91 customized Fl w/a 127 ci engine and 5 speed. I loved both of them at the time and now I have a Black F6b and I love it. I still suffer at times w/Harleyitus, wanting the Vtwin look and rumble, but I love my 6.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Cool

You guys are killin me !!! I look at bikes like I do women. At least in my younger days I rode as many as I could, skinny, fat, short or tall, every bike did something the other did not and all of them were great! You guys need to open your minds ....Just sayin......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

7K mile trip on my SG

I just got back from 7000 miles trip on my 16 Street Glide. I had the best riding experience. I had F6b last year that was totaled. Replaced that with 15 Indian chieftain which I traded in just 3 weeks. Chieftain has amazing mid range torque but did not like it. Took 16 Street Glide on a test and bought it. The only upgrade I have on SG is the Legends suspension. FYI I also had to upgrade front and rear suspension on my F6B. Google Traxxion and you will know how terrible factory suspension is on goldwing. No wonder so many folks swap it for Traxxion. Compared to Goldwing factory suspension, harley's was worst. What I don't like about Harley is the vibration at Idle. But when I'm moving, its really smooth. We were mostly doing 80 to 90 MPH all the way. And I did not feel uncomfortable at all. I was impressed how smooth it rode. Even after riding 700+ miles per day I was not tired.

This is my First Harley. And I have had close to 13 bikes in 4 years. And this is the most comfortable bike I've had. F6B was too big and bulky for my size. It was a fun bike, I still remember doing 70 MPH with my buddy who has a Bking on 35 MPH curves. And it was a blast. But on regular days I did not like it much. Changed the handlebars to Helibars, upgraded suspension, and seat but still was not comfortable on F6B.

Even though I ride harley, If someone asks me for any recommendation I suggest them checking out F6B. Just cuz It did not fit me better does not mean it's not a good bike. I think F6B is one of the best bikes out there. But not for everyone.

Variety is the spice of life...Short of that you are stuck in the missionary position!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have owned more bikes than I can count. In 1988 think I had 12. Mostly crotch rockets and sport touring. Most current 4 cylinder 600 cc Japanese sport bikes are faster than the f6b and can double it's corner speed so I do not see why anyone would claim it to be fast. The f6b is a very smooth big Ole bike, handles really well for what it is and it's low tech engine will provide thousands of care free miles smooth and safely. Since I currently care to own one bike it seems to be a rather good compromise to get out and ride while often taking the wife in a comfortable ridr

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Okay let me help you out, get the old lady's Hoover out of the closet, turn it on then throw some ball bearings on the floor and run the Hoover over them...the feeling in the Hoover's handle and the sound as the bearings go through he vacume will give you a good idea why you don't "feel the attraction" to a H-D. Next go to your laundry room put three pair of wet jeans on one side of the washer's tub, then turn on spin cycle, next try and set on the washer you will very fast realize why you don't own a H-D and why some women love them
    love it they need to make a bigger motor so they can keep up with the Honda LOL

what else can i say but