New motors and chassis from HD for 2017 - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New motors and chassis from HD for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post
    AussieF6B,

Thanks for the info.

Do you know what the curb weight is on your F6B and is yours a standard or a Deluxe?

The 2016 US standard model has a curb weight of 844 lbs wet and the Deluxe has a weight of 855 lbs wet.

Would be interested in seeing what the addition of the reverse unit and the ABS adds to the total weight.

And, I would gladly give up a center stand for ABS brakes. I like the linked brakes that the F6B has but ABS is a safety item that shouldn't be an option on a modern heavy touring machine. Traction control is also good and would be nice to also have on the F6B.

Thanks and ride safe,

XHarley
    The Canadian version (ABS and Cruise standard) is stated as 851lb curb weight with fluids and full tank. The Aussie version is listed by Honda as 847lbs (385kg) kerb weight, no mention if that's dry or wet. Probably dry as the only major difference between the Cdn And Aussie version seems to be reverse, which must add at least 10 pounds.

But 10 pounds one way or the other won't make much difference for an 850lb bike. We've all lost that much after a hot day's work and a good sized dump.

I doubt the F6B will ever see active traction (acceleration) control like the hyper-sport bikes have. ABS, OK... linked brakes, if Honda insists. The price of rear tires/installation is a better "traction control" than more electronics.

Bear in mind a Cdn Goldwing Airbag is listed at 919lbs wet... but also is the ABS version, presumably only missing the Airbag. So the published Honda numbers may not be all that accurate in absolute terms, just for comparison.

Honda is not big on telling the truth on a lot of issues. How many, what color, where they went, list price and weight to name a few...Vin numbers are

the best one to look at. They are 5 #1 Runes, many, many vins that match other than color...to funny
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by stillridin View Post
    The Canadian version (ABS and Cruise standard) is stated as 851lb curb weight with fluids and full tank. The Aussie version is listed by Honda as 847lbs (385kg) kerb weight, no mention if that's dry or wet. Probably dry as the only major difference between the Cdn And Aussie version seems to be reverse, which must add at least 10 pounds.

But 10 pounds one way or the other won't make much difference for an 850lb bike. We've all lost that much after a hot day's work and a good sized dump.

I doubt the F6B will ever see active traction (acceleration) control like the hyper-sport bikes have. ABS, OK... linked brakes, if Honda insists. The price of rear tires/installation is a better "traction control" than more electronics.

Bear in mind a Cdn Goldwing Airbag is listed at 919lbs wet... but also is the ABS version, presumably only missing the Airbag. So the published Honda numbers may not be all that accurate in absolute terms, just for comparison.

Stillridin,

Thanks for the information. It appears that the ABS will only add a small amount of weight and the F6B machine will probably never get the reverse gear as Honda is building these to a price point and probably doesn't want to pull potential customers/riders off their much more profitable full Goldwings by offering the lower cost F6B with all the goodies.

It would still be nice to see Honda offer a full wing with the ability to remove the rear trunk and huge passenger seating area as that way they get their extra profit and we get all the goodies plus the ability to convert back to a F6B look alike. I know that there are kits to remove the trunk but these are a more permanent move and not the convertible that I would be interested in buying. I really love the look of the F6B but have a unique and difficult to back in storage situation where I am on pea gravel and walking backwards is not easy.

Anyway, I think that Honda has something up their sleeve for 2017 on the Goldwings so we will wait and see.

Ride safe,

XHarley

all i can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Very good.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

What about Victory and Indian?...Where do they fall on the chart....Both are really nice bikes and seem very reliable so far...I have had two and they were great bikes for V-twins....JMHO

That was good Spanky, especially the BMW riders.

I don't know what it is about BMW riders but they almost all seem to have an arrogance that would put any Harley rider to shame.

I can laugh at the pirated suited Harley riders but the BMW riders I just shake my head and walk away.

Ride safe

XHarley

Is it common for a rider to wave or gesture towards you when you cross paths while out cruising? It is in this area...though...I have noticed that only about half of Harley riders acknowledge me on my "furrin" machine.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Is it common for a rider to wave or gesture towards you when you cross paths while out cruising? It is in this area...though...I have noticed that only about half of Harley riders acknowledge me on my "furrin" machine.
    Cause riding a H-D with one hand is very unsafe.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Point taken....
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6