New motors and chassis from HD for 2017
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New motors and chassis from HD for 2017

New motors and chassis from HD for 2017

Harley is finally attempting to wake up to the 21st century and is introducing a new 107/114" motor for 2017...Also many changes to the suspension and forks are coming next year according to an article in CycleWorld and the internet...Better watch out for good deals on used HD's soon, if you care, as the market will be flooded with out-dated HD's as the "good ole boys" will be looking to update their "HOG" for the newer, supposedly faster motor...Who knows what evil lies in the heart of men!!!!!....Ride safe

Why would the typical pirate swap to some new fangled motor? Don't see many pirates that bought off on the Porsche HD. They'll stick with the rumbler.....it's cool, it's old fashioned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

In ALL ofl my years of motorcycling, I have NEVER ridden a Harley Davidson. I've sat on one several times at dealers but that's it... I just don't feel the attraction.

Is there something wrong with me?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    In ALL ofl my years of motorcycling, I have NEVER ridden a Harley Davidson. I've sat on one several times at dealers but that's it... I just don't feel the attraction.

...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything (except ride a Harley Davidson).
    Riding the upward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Why would the typical pirate swap to some new tangled motor? Don't see many pirates that bought off on the Porsche HD. They'll stick with the rumbler.....it's cool, it's old fashioned.
    Cause the new motor still vibrates and rumbles like the older version according to the article, at riders requests...Up-date is to bring more compliance with the "Bullshit" EPA regs and to hopefully make the motor more reliable and durable over the next generations...!! The Porsche motor is a completely different concept with overhead cams and more modern gadgets!!!....I personally don't give a "rats ass" as like Willtill posted earlier, I have never ridden a later model HD and never intend too!!!....Ride safe

The Harleys much like a corvette just have a feel and so many people look at you different
    . Yes they not as fast and lack a bit or reliable status but in their own quirky way still fun for short rides. I have never owned a Harley, doubt if I ever will but they have a very unique sound and feel
    I also think the f6b I own is likely the most boring motorcycle I have ever owned but perhaps I should act my age and just enjoy what the f6b is best about.... fair priced incredible reliable long lasting smooth ride

Yep Carl. The traditionalist doesn't want change. If they were into a new more reliable V they would have been riding Hondas or Yammys long ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

You must be Joking!

Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    The Harleys much like a corvette just have a feel and so many people look at you different
    . Yes they not as fast and lack a bit or reliable status but in their own quirky way still fun for short rides. I have never owned a Harley, doubt if I ever will but they have a very unique sound and feel
    I also think the f6b I own is likely the most boring motorcycle I have ever owned but perhaps I should act my age and just enjoy what the f6b is best about.... fair priced incredible reliable long lasting smooth ride
    I came from an M109R Suzuki Boulevard with loud pipes and next to nothing else save a windshield. I guess you could say it had good pickup and is slightly faster than the F6B and 100 pounds lighter. It shook continuously cause of the big pistons and you were totally worn out from riding after 300 miles. I don't know what your riding style is but the F6b is an exciting bike in the curves, smooth, fast, swift at take off to speed, I don't have to kick it down to pass just twist the throttle. If this isn't what your into then you bought the wrong ride. Probably that Harley or a corvette is more your style. I have had my F6B over a year and a half now and it still puts that big smile on my face when I light the wick on the piece of heaven! I'm not beat after 300 miles and am always looking for another twisty road on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

I had about a 5 mile ride on my cousins Anniversary Road King! I was never so glad to remove myself from a bike! Never again