Ape hangers - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ape hangers

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing_67 View Post
    I love the Helibars. I tried tilting them forward and angling them for a semi "mini ape" handlebar look combined with a straight "racer bar" look...i liked it alot, until you turn the handlebars, it hits the windshield before you had the handlebars turn all the way left or right....so it would not be safe if you had to take a sharp turn or make a uturn...so after some adjustments i have the handlebars set. Its more comfortable than before, just not the look i was hoping for...comfort wins.Λ BTW is that a sticker of stripes over your speaker covers? If so, doesnt it muffle you sound?
    No they are from Wing Bling and painted on.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    No they are from Wing Bling and painted on.
    Sweet👍😎

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Half a block from the Carriage House on the same side of 97.
    I will definitely look for it next time around, thanks for the heads up.

2kewlgypsy

AAAAHHHHH, finally!

So, have been saving up for the Helibars - though I really don't like the look of them, and have had the MLB risers (Narrow) on the bike a couple of times, and back to stock a couple of times, and was just about to do the drill out procedure that someone (Big Larry, maybe?) found where you drill the holes to 1/2 inch and pull the bars out while tightening down on the bolts, when I thought as a last ditch I remember someone putting the MLB risers on backwards - that is the L on the R and the R on the L
    I figured I didn't have much to lose - and Oh My Word, I am in love with the bike all over again!!!!
    Turned the handlebars more flat - that is no wrist bend, and up and out - and with my carved out seat (thanks Mean City Cycles) my hands are only a couple inches below my shoulder height.
    Absolutely love my handlebars now!
    The ONLY complaint I have is when I turn all the way, like to maneuver in the garage my handlebar actually hits the speaker housing dash piece - as I painted it to match, I'm going to be bummed when it leaves a mark - we will cross that bridge another time - in the meantime I love this $30 fix (bought the MLB risers off of eBay)
    much respect,
    2~kewl, Gypsy MC

Quote Originally Posted by 2kewlgypsy View Post
    So, have been saving up for the Helibars - though I really don't like the look of them, and have had the MLB risers (Narrow) on the bike a couple of times, and back to stock a couple of times, and was just about to do the drill out procedure that someone (Big Larry, maybe?) found where you drill the holes to 1/2 inch and pull the bars out while tightening down on the bolts, when I thought as a last ditch I remember someone putting the MLB risers on backwards - that is the L on the R and the R on the L
    I figured I didn't have much to lose - and Oh My Word, I am in love with the bike all over again!!!!
    Turned the handlebars more flat - that is no wrist bend, and up and out - and with my carved out seat (thanks Mean City Cycles) my hands are only a couple inches below my shoulder height.
    The ONLY complaint I have is when I turn all the way, like to maneuver in the garage my handlebar actually hits the speaker housing dash piece - as I painted it to match, I'm going to be bummed when it leaves a mark - we will cross that bridge another time - in the meantime I love this $30 fix (bought the MLB risers off of eBay)
    much respect,
    2~kewl, Gypsy MC
    Sounds like a great idea! Pictures of end state??????
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

much respect,
    2~kewl, Gypsy MC
    Could you drill out 1 hole on each riser to pull the bars back just enough to not mess up your new paint?
    Albuquerque, NM

2kewlgypsy

Pictures

Not sure if I could drill out still, but maybe! I think by pulling them back in, you get the wrist angle again - and that is the part that I believe does in my back and neck.
    Here is some shots that my wife just took - pardon the non riding gear - sitting in the garage, but you can get an idea of arm and wrist angles

Attachment 23082Attachment 23083
    Attachment 23084Attachment 23085

I have no idea why they are upside down, or how to fix that, but they were upside down whether I picked attachments or insert images.

Not sure if I could drill out still, but maybe! I think by pulling them back in, you get the wrist angle again - and that is the part that I believe does in my back and neck.
    Here is some shots that my wife just took - pardon the non riding gear - sitting in the garage, but you can get an idea of arm and wrist angles

Attachment 23082Attachment 23083
    Attachment 23084Attachment 23085

I have no idea why they are upside down, or how to fix that, but they were upside down whether I picked attachments or insert images.
    try turning over your computer
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Here you go and I like the red tape on the front wheel.
    Attachment 23143 Attachment 23144

Attachment 23145 Attachment 23146

2kewlgypsy

Thanks!

I still have no idea how my pictures got to be upside down - there should be a sticky maybe?
    the wheels were easy - and took about 15 minutes - http://www.tapeworks.com/stripeitall/
    did my wife's bike as well - both reflective tape - we look a little like tron running down the road.