Sena 10 headset problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sena 10 headset problems

Pictures

I will take some pictures of the helmet and Sena 10 set up and post them tomorrow.

wind sock

I think its called a wind sock. my 20s came with a few. works well. Also after firmware update do a reset while powered on, should be a little pin hole on backside of com unit. I hade all kinda volume issues with tomtom and I phone. all instantly disappeared after reset.

Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgey1 View Post
    I will take some pictures of the helmet and Sena 10 set up and post them tomorrow.
    Have a look at the set-up in the pictures below.

Is it a design issue?

I just looked on Sena's help forum and it seems riddled with wind noise complaints........... I hope I can rectify the issue because we bought the Bell Mag 9 helmets that integrate the Sena 10's. The main use I purchased them for is communication between my wife and I as we ride and right now they are worthless for that!

You're missing a windsock for that mic for use with an open face helmet. Were is it?
    It should look like this.

Attachment 23033

Mic cover

I took it off to take pictures to show the one side I put tape over.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Did you or can you install a larger wind break? Wrong name, the black covering over the mike?

That should fix it or make it better. Foam thingy...
    Wind pop ball. Ya'll have fun out West. Take care of Hornblower and each other. May try to hook up at Daytona.
    Bill...
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Sena 10

Are there any forum members successfuly using the Sena 10 as a drive-passenger communicator on the f6b?

I have a help ticket placed with Sena now, waiting for a response. As I mentioned earlier in this post, there seems to be a lot of people posting wind noise issue on the Sena site.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgey1 View Post
    Are there any forum members successfuly using the Sena 10 as a drive-passenger communicator on the f6b?

I have a help ticket placed with Sena now, waiting for a response. As I mentioned earlier in this post, there seems to be a lot of people posting wind noise issue on the Sena site.
    I have used them successfully for years. There is definitely wind noise with an open face helmet - don't know that it could be any different as the mike is out in the wind. That is why on longer trips we use full face helmets. by simply switching the power unit between helmets, But putting tape over the one side is not the answer. There is a common mode rejection amplifier that the mike is tied into - the idea is that a signal generated from both sides of the mike that is the same (wind noise) is automatically cancelled out, leaving only the voice signal from the one side to be amplified. May not work that well, but putting the tape on one side will not help.

Other than that, guess I don't have any good answers for you.

Post Tape

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    I have used them successfully for years. There is definitely wind noise with an open face helmet - don't know that it could be any different as the mike is out in the wind. That is why on longer trips we use full face helmets. by simply switching the power unit between helmets, But putting tape over the one side is not the answer. There is a common mode rejection amplifier that the mike is tied into - the idea is that a signal generated from both sides of the mike that is the same (wind noise) is automatically cancelled out, leaving only the voice signal from the one side to be amplified. May not work that well, but putting the tape on one side will not help.

Other than that, guess I don't have any good answers for you.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I added the tape after experiencing the wind noise and was trying to resolve it. I will remove it since what you state makes sense. As far as the open face, then Bell needs their heads examined for selling the Bell Mag9 which was designed to integrated the Sena 10 directly into the helmet?

I've seen some post saying that firmware updates can help, that's where I'm heading next.