Russell Day Long - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Russell Day Long

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ADV67 View Post
    Hi BigLry,

Thanks for those pics. Your RDL looks quite a bit higher. That is exactly what I am looking for, I am 6,2" about 260 with 34" inseam and feel cramped on the stock seat after 2hrs of riding. I would like the rider seat position about an inch more backward too.
    How is that on you RDL? How much higher than stock and how much further back?
    You, Sir maybe better off ( $$$$ ) to try the Ultimate King seat...our sponsor as well.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ADV67 View Post
    Hi BigLry,

Thanks for those pics. Your RDL looks quite a bit higher. That is exactly what I am looking for, I am 6,2" about 260 with 34" inseam and feel cramped on the stock seat after 2hrs of riding. I would like the rider seat position about an inch more backward too.
    How is that on you RDL? How much higher than stock and how much further back?
    The RDL on my F6B is 4" up & 3" back, custom made to fit my 6'5" 400# frame and 36" inseam. RDL can build it to go back 1" more and that is it for the F6B seat pan, my first one was the max 4" back, but I had it redone to 3" back and I doubt you will need that much. I also run the 3/4" drop mounts with the kinetic pegs and Ergo lll forwards all from Kury and HeliBars. My Runes have a 6" lift over stock and 3" back to them.

Here is link to more pic. http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...Daylong-Saddle

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Nice vid and once you get about 500 miles on it you will have to take No-doze to stay awake they are soooo comfortable on them long hauls. I can do a 500 mile day and still go dancing that night.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Nice vid and once you get about 500 miles on it you will have to take No-doze to stay awake they are soooo comfortable on them long hauls. I can do a 500 mile day and still go dancing that night.
    I can believe that just by the short little run I did. It is the difference of riding on the bike and riding within the bike. I want to see that dancing video, also nothing better than drunken karaoke videos if ya got em. I can see you 3 sheets to the wind singing "Sweet Caroline"

There is no better seat made than a Russell day long. And their customer service is also second to none.

Thanks for that info Larry!
    Indeed you seat would be huge for me, I was more looking for something like 2" higher and 2" backwards.

I might also look into the Ultimate King seat. The fact that I live in Europe doesnt make it easy; high shipping cost and not easy to return if it needs to be sent back for some (minor) modification.
    This and then the Helibars are on my list. Fall/winter is gonna be expensive...

Additional observations Russell Day Long

Further riding on the RDL I have noticed that, naturally, I'm sitting higher so more of a view over the MRA X-CREEN and because I am further up and back I am using the stock foot pegs much more. The sitting position on the stock seat just made it too uncomfortable, too crouched, to use them so I would rely on the Ergo II Pegs to keep my legs extended enough to be comfortable. Now it is not crouched at all and using the stock pegs is no problem whatsoever.

Further riding on the RDL I have noticed that, naturally, I'm sitting higher so more of a view over the MRA X-CREEN and because I am further up and back I am using the stock foot pegs much more. The sitting position on the stock seat just made it too uncomfortable, too crouched, to use them so I would rely on the Ergo II Pegs to keep my legs extended enough to be comfortable. Now it is not crouched at all and using the stock pegs is no problem whatsoever.
    As well with the Ultimate seat. I noticed the that I seemed to have better control of the bike, once I was sitting a little higher.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    As well with the Ultimate seat. I noticed the that I seemed to have better control of the bike, once I was sitting a little higher.
    Agreed, I equate it to no longer riding on the bike but within it. Between the torque, throttle response, and now, seating position it is the most intuitive bike I've ever owned.

Agreed, I equate it to no longer riding on the bike but within it. Between the torque, throttle response, and now, seating position it is the most intuitive bike I've ever owned.
    +1