Russell Day Long - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Russell Day Long

Another point, on the subject of the intuitive factor of this bike, I have never had to be so quick in MY reflexes, especially, when I want to switch lanes. I'll see the opening in the next lane, instinctively crack the throttle, the torque monster accelerates, I swerve into the lane and I'm in where I want to be and this all happens in a split second. It is as close to controlling the bike with your mind as you can get because of the quickness of the response and the power of this bike. With my Harley that same operation seems to take so much longer as you crack the throttle, wait for the noise and you will get there but no where near the time, or what feels like, it takes the B. I am impressed with this bike more and more every time I ride it and I cannot see myself ever changing. As the V-Twins boys play their inchworm "cc" game of "I'm bigger than you are", climbing to the point where the next engine from Harley will be the "Griddle Head", for us it's like looking into the next lane on the B - we're already there.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Another point, on the subject of the intuitive factor of this bike, I have never had to be so quick in MY reflexes, especially, when I want to switch lanes. I'll see the opening in the next lane, instinctively crack the throttle, the torque monster accelerates, I swerve into the lane and I'm in where I want to be and this all happens in a split second. It is as close to controlling the bike with your mind as you can get because of the quickness of the response and the power of this bike. With my Harley that same operation seems to take so much longer as you crack the throttle, wait for the noise and you will get there but no where near the time, or what feels like, it takes the B. I am impressed with this bike more and more every time I ride it and I cannot see myself ever changing. As the V-Twins boys play their inchworm "cc" game of "I'm bigger than you are", climbing to the point where the next engine from Harley will be the "Griddle Head", for us it's like looking into the next lane on the B - we're already there.
    This F6B is quick, indeed. It has the same smile factor that my Triumph Rocket III would provide me. Both of these bikes are torque monsters, the Rocket a bit more. One of my favorite things to do with was a Rocket launch from a red light;especially with traffic aligned with me on the left and right. As soon as that light turned green, I accelerated so hard that my feet were sometimes lifting off the floorboards and everything (the adjacent traffic) behind me disappeared quickly from my mirrors. Would get to the next light and the traffic would catch up to me. They would stare at me and the bike. Rinse and repeat. And laugh again like a giddy little kid.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

The looks on their faces is always worth it.

The looks on their faces is always worth it.
    +1. Sometimes ya just gotta make sure the advertised numbers add up.
    0-60 in 3.3?
    OH YEAH!!!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    0-60 in 3.3?
    OH YEAH!!!
    And when I talk about the intuitiveness of the bike and how quick you have to be to match the power and quickness your phrase "Don't let the aircraft (or life) take you where your brain hasn't already been for at least 15 minutes." is so dead on because the split second you think about going there, you're already there and you had better realize yourself in that spot prior to you being there. It's all these cylinders firing in your brain in micro seconds, it's a workout with this monster.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    0-60 in 3.3?
    OH YEAH!!!

And when I talk about the intuitiveness of the bike and how quick you have to be to match the power and quickness your phrase "Don't let the aircraft (or life) take you where your brain hasn't already been for at least 15 minutes." is so dead on because the split second you think about going there, you're already there and you had better realize yourself in that spot prior to you being there. It's all these cylinders firing in your brain in micro seconds, it's a workout with this monster.
    I'm fortunate that all my synapses are still firing rapidly enough to keep me ahead of this lovely.
    Someday, that may not be true - got to go get it all while I'm still able!

Maybe even someday on a Russell Day Long!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

One more observation is because I sit a little farther back it gives my arms a slight more of an extension. I installed the Kuryakyn risers prior which helped but this setup kind of fine tunes it. I may need a little bit more of an angle on my wrists now that my arms are a bit back further which now translates into - Helibars. The great thing about having a wife who wants nothing to do with motorcycles is - she has no idea what anything costs. She didn't see any difference between the stock seat or the RDL when I showed her except the new seat was "funny looking" - beautiful.

One new toy leads to the next with this bike and I love it more with each new toy.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    One new toy leads to the next with this bike and I love it more with each new toy.
    Steve
    So very true. I am contemplating the MPL electronic saddlebag openers next

It has been said that the AR-15 was a Barbie Doll for men. Because there are so many ways you can dress one up. Starting to think of my F6B in that respect too...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Russell Day Long

Really like ur vis Tax ..That sure is a sweet lookin seat ,I have the ultimate,yet you just never know.I like how ur wife doesn't see the difference tween the stock an that RDL.I think my wife would say hey didn't you just get one of those? I gotta think of some horse crap story ..hmm,I sure like that seat!