Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
Ya.. that part was difficult. Once the bike is laid over, there are four main points of contact; the front right engine guard, the right rear saddle bag guard, and the front and rear wheel.

In order to extend the center stand, one has to basically "coax" that center stand to deploy while the seemingly full weight of the bike is resting on it.... You are basically lifting both wheels off of the ground during that little maneuver.

So I found the best way was to use my Sear's motorcycle jack and lift up the extended side stand with it (but you need to make sure the jack does not move away from the bike - even positioning the jack perpendicular to the bike will make it try to slide away) while you are lifting it up. But it works, the jack will lift the side stand and then you can simultaneously start grabbing the center stand and deploy it to the extended position; thus raising the rear tire (and front tire) from the ground.
Yesterday was my day to go Darkside. Layed the bike over and mounted a Bridgestone Driveguard. Not as strong as in my younger days (66 yo), I too used my Sears jack in place of my center stand to lift the rear tire of ground so I could remove the wheel and drop the new wheel onto the studs. Was actually pretty simple.

Between last nights ride and today's, I have approximately 125 miles over all sorts of roads and am enjoying the new tire. Rides smoother, handles well in all sorts of curves. I too noticed it takes alittle more effort to initiate a curve but after just a few miles I got use to it. I don't notice it now.

Currently running the Driveguard at 32 psi. Seems fine but will adjust as necessary.