Converted my F6B to the Darkside

Thread: Converted my F6B to the Darkside

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Got 'r dun!

Baby gots a new rear shoe!

While on the side stand I am assuming that this is the normal appearance of a dark side tire mounted on the F6B, at 34psi?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Good Job.. I just did mine a few weeks back, the hardest thing to do was get my mind around laying it down. Now we know better.

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    Good Job.. I just did mine a few weeks back, the hardest thing to do was get my mind around laying it down. Now we know better.
    how does it ride? do you feel any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing_67 View Post
    how does it ride? do you feel any difference?
    I just took it to the VFW (about 10 miles of some twisty roads). It feels a little different but not bad. A little more effort is required to execute a very sharp turn but it's not like OMG this is different.

I think I am going to like it. I have 34psi in it at the moment... no signs of abrasion off of the tread and on the sidewalls.

I read in another thread on this forum when I was self educating myself about this alternative, is to take a digital temp (I have one of those H.F. temp guns) and scan the tread across to see if there are hotspots which would indicate not an optimum tire pressure (especially if under inflated).

So I will be doing that tomorrow, to help me find the "sweet spot" although 34psi seems to be working for me at the moment.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    A little more effort is required to execute a very sharp turn but it's not like OMG this is different.
    Yup. It's not that it CAN'T do it, but you just need to ask a little nicer.
    I've only got 8k on my stock tires and my WIFE said something about "damn you need to do something about that rear tire!". I like to run it til they fall off but I've got some Orange TPMS to install and might as well go double dark sooner than later. CT and BAttleax on ST1300 is good for 20k or more depending on riding style, some folks run the rear CT up to 30k.
    Shop that changed my ST1300 tires went out of business, I may have to play the "trike conversion" card elsewhere.

Good job, Will.
    I darksided mine the day before. I've not yet got to ride her since I put the new shoe on, but hopefully tomorrow, it will dry out enough around here where I can take her for a spin.
    I'm fortunate enough to have a 1500 lb. table lift and full-blown tire machine in my shop so obviously my technique is of a more "classical" approach...LOL.
    The sideways method is good to know when out on the road far away from the shop. At 65 years of age, I hope I don't ever have to do it that way, but ya never know.
    Ride safe, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    Good job, Will.
    I darksided mine the day before. I've not yet got to ride her since I put the new shoe on, but hopefully tomorrow, it will dry out enough around here where I can take her for a spin.
    I'm fortunate enough to have a 1500 lb. table lift and full-blown tire machine in my shop so obviously my technique is of a more "classical" approach...LOL.
    The sideways method is good to know when out on the road far away from the shop. At 65 years of age, I hope I don't ever have to do it that way, but ya never know.
    Ride safe, my friend.
    I have a nail in my back tire so I am going to go Darkside. I need to get a tire first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B