Quote Originally Posted by SierraKen View Post
Yesterday was my day to go Darkside. Layed the bike over and mounted a Bridgestone Driveguard. Not as strong as in my younger days (66 yo), I too used my Sears jack in place of my center stand to lift the rear tire of ground so I could remove the wheel and drop the new wheel onto the studs. Was actually pretty simple.

Between last nights ride and today's, I have approximately 125 miles over all sorts of roads and am enjoying the new tire. Rides smoother, handles well in all sorts of curves. I too noticed it takes alittle more effort to initiate a curve but after just a few miles I got use to it. I don't notice it now.

Currently running the Driveguard at 32 psi. Seems fine but will adjust as necessary.

Ken, I mounted the Driveguard a couple months back and have about 1800 miles on mine. I really like this tire. I would however recommend getting tire pressure monitors. I have the FOBO TPM on my bike. It sells for about a hundred bucks. It's just peace of mind but I want to know when my tires lose air. It's great having a runflat tire knowing I don't have to fix the tire right on the spot if I lose pressure.
If I can get 18-22k out of this tire, I'll be one happy camper considering I only paid about 106 at a local tire place called Flatso's. I'm running about 34 psi cold pressure in mine. As I ride, the tpms report up to a 4 or 5 psi increase.