Converted my F6B to the Darkside - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Converted my F6B to the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    The nail is flush so I need to figure how to grab it.
    Heavy Needle Nose Pliers with serrated tip ends! Slightly open the plier ends and push the rubber down on both sides of the nail, squeeze tightly, pull and you'll extract the nail

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Heavy Needle Nose Pliers with serrated tip ends! Slightly open the plier ends and push the rubber down on both sides of the nail, squeeze tightly, pull and you'll extract the nail
    Sweet, I'll give it a shot. There is no head on the nail, so it will be a tough grab. I am headed out to get the magical tool set for air filter replacement. I'll get a plug as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Simple is usually the best.

I like your technique. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    You turn your backside to the bike, you can even layback on the bike a little, with the kick stand swung out grab it and the center stand and using your legs lean back and pull up and swing the center stand out. It wasn't that hard and there is no big red S on my T-shirt either.

Don't know much about the dark side but I would think your tire pressure should be 40psi. or more, perhaps max PSI....... Seems like that would help to "round" the tread a bit and remove any "squirm" in the side wall. The "B" is not much weight for a car tire, it might out last you....................

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Don't know much about the dark side but I would think your tire pressure should be 40psi. or more, perhaps max PSI....... Seems like that would help to "round" the tread a bit and remove any "squirm" in the side wall. The "B" is not much weight for a car tire, it might out last you....................
    28--30 lbs air on a Driveguard RF has given me 28,000 miles on the tire with no slip or slide and the best traction I have had in any tire. The tire at those pressures with bend on the tread will still give more tread on the ground than any Moto tire. If you put 40 lbs in you would ride up on the edge of the tire instead of letting the tire bend and conform to the road/weight ratio. You do not want a car tire to be round, you want the tread to bend. Soft rubber on the outside, silica bands in the middle and you can put in a plug if needed. I ride out from Orlando, FL to the NC mountains and WV often. Handles great on the interstate and on the Dragon if you so desire. I prefer the Blue Ridge Parkway myself.
    Last edited by Felloverboard; 01-31-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Dark Side article

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    28--30 lbs air on a Driveguard RF has given me 28,000 miles on the tire with no slip or slide and the best traction I have had in any tire. The tire at those pressures with bend on the tread will still give more tread on the ground than any Moto tire. If you put 40 lbs in you would ride up on the edge of the tire instead of letting the tire bend and conform to the road/weight ratio. You do not want a car tire to be round, you want the tread to bend. Soft rubber on the outside, silica bands in the middle and you can put in a plug if needed. I ride out from Orlando, FL to the NC mountains and WV often. Handles great on the interstate and on the Dragon if you so desire. I prefer the Blue Ridge Parkway myself.
    I have no dog in the fight, and no plans to switch over. Just providing this link for those that are curious about what may or may not be something to consider about making the transition. In other words: don’t kill the messenger....

https://ridermagazine.com/2016/05/20...n-motorcycles/

Recycled article from July of 2012. Seen it on the internet many times usually used to defend mc tires only opinions.

I just went to the darkside and I really like it took about ten minutes to get used to the tire, it works well on the interstate highway

what tire did you go with if you dont mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    . . . I am headed out to get the magical tool set for air filter replacement.
    What magical tool??