Converted my F6B to the Darkside - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Converted my F6B to the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    Took long enough. Since what? May???

Now you just need to take a ride to like Ocean City and back.
    It has been awhile, for sure. I just didn't want to pull off the OEM M/C tire with so much rubber available on it. It seems to have a good 4K left on it at the moment.... and to compound my personal matters more; I have a Brand New black G/W wheel with a Brand New Bridgestone mounted on it. For a spare... in case I didn't like the Michelin car tire

What to do, what to do... wit it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by SierraKen View Post
    Yesterday was my day to go Darkside. Layed the bike over and mounted a Bridgestone Driveguard. Not as strong as in my younger days (66 yo), I too used my Sears jack in place of my center stand to lift the rear tire of ground so I could remove the wheel and drop the new wheel onto the studs. Was actually pretty simple.

Between last nights ride and today's, I have approximately 125 miles over all sorts of roads and am enjoying the new tire. Rides smoother, handles well in all sorts of curves. I too noticed it takes alittle more effort to initiate a curve but after just a few miles I got use to it. I don't notice it now.

Currently running the Driveguard at 32 psi. Seems fine but will adjust as necessary.

Ken, I mounted the Driveguard a couple months back and have about 1800 miles on mine. I really like this tire. I would however recommend getting tire pressure monitors. I have the FOBO TPM on my bike. It sells for about a hundred bucks. It's just peace of mind but I want to know when my tires lose air. It's great having a runflat tire knowing I don't have to fix the tire right on the spot if I lose pressure.
    If I can get 18-22k out of this tire, I'll be one happy camper considering I only paid about 106 at a local tire place called Flatso's. I'm running about 34 psi cold pressure in mine. As I ride, the tpms report up to a 4 or 5 psi increase.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

SierraKen
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Ken, I mounted the Driveguard a couple months back and have about 1800 miles on mine. I really like this tire. I would however recommend getting tire pressure monitors. I have the FOBO TPM on my bike. It sells for about a hundred bucks. It's just peace of mind but I want to know when my tires lose air. It's great having a runflat tire knowing I don't have to fix the tire right on the spot if I lose pressure.
    If I can get 18-22k out of this tire, I'll be one happy camper considering I only paid about 106 at a local tire place called Flatso's. I'm running about 34 psi cold pressure in mine. As I ride, the tpms report up to a 4 or 5 psi increase.
    Was out again today on the bike and put the new tire thru some good twisties. Also loving the tire. Running currently at 32 psi and it seems fine. I also use the FOBO sensors which I had put on my old mOtorcycle tires. Ride safe and often!

Now I have "officially" completed my Darkside conversion

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    Good job, Will.
    I darksided mine the day before. I've not yet got to ride her since I put the new shoe on, but hopefully tomorrow, it will dry out enough around here where I can take her for a spin.
    I'm fortunate enough to have a 1500 lb. table lift and full-blown tire machine in my shop so obviously my technique is of a more "classical" approach...LOL.
    The sideways method is good to know when out on the road far away from the shop. At 65 years of age, I hope I don't ever have to do it that way, but ya never know.
    Ride safe, my friend.
    I have a nail in my back tire so I am going to go Darkside. I need to get a tire first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    I have a nail in my back tire so I am going to go Darkside. I need to get a tire first.
    If it's near the center line if the tire; plug it and keep rolling

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    If it's near the center line if the tire; plug it and keep rolling
    Damned near dead center.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    Damned near dead center.
    Plug and ride! If using a "string type plug" ensure your give the Insertion Tool 1/4 turn before pulling it out of the tire

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Plug and ride! If using a "string type plug" ensure your give the Insertion Tool 1/4 turn before pulling it out of the tire

Not needed. No need to turn insertion tool when withdrawing.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Gotta get the nail out.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    The nail is flush so I need to figure how to grab it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B