Mini Boards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Boards

Mini Boards

Ordered a pair of the black Kury Mini Boards with the comfort drop mounts yesterday from Wing Stuff. They are supposed to be delivered next Wednesday. Even though I've had no complaints with the stock pegs, I thought these deserved a "try". The only bike I've had with floorboards was my brand new 1959 Cushman Eagle, so this will be something new for me. If I don't like them, someone here will get a sweet deal from the classifieds.

You will like them, they ain't boards and they ain't pegs. Gave me the angle to the shifter I was looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Do they extend lower or farther out than the pegs? In other words does it affect cornering clearance?

Thanks!

Chuck

They are lower, but don't think they are as wide as the stock pegs. So possibly an even trade off. I've scraped mine on occasion, but I scraped the stockers as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

They are 3/4 of an inch lower if memory serves me. Gives me just a tad more legroom. They scrape once in a while but I'm not a dedicated knee dragger so it's no problem. At age 73, I've mellowed a little bit. Adjust fore and aft as well as the angle to suit your desires.

They arrived yesterday(a day ahead of schedule) and I put them on this morning. I haven't ridden with them yet, that will happen tomorrow. I sat on the bike on the center stand to get a static adjustment on the angle. I think I have them where I want, but I'll find out tomorrow. I also installed the anti - dive shim so that will be another thing to analyze.

I put them on shortly after buying the F6B. They provide more comfort and a little more flexibility in your foot position. Had them no my VTX as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I used them for about a year. Never could get accustomed curtailed shifting space. Didn't like the angle option. Loved the drop arms so I installed another set of Kuryakin pegs and really like the combination. I have hit the pavement with both the floorboards and pegs but not often.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23206[/ATTACH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I used them for about a year. Never could get accustomed curtailed shifting space. Didn't like the angle option. Loved the drop arms so I installed another set of Kuryakin pegs and really like the combination. I have hit the pavement with both the floorboards and pegs but not often.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23206[/ATTACH
    Ditto to everything said above. Ultimately went for those Kinetic pegs as well.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Ditto to everything said above. Ultimately went for those Kinetic pegs as well.
    I like to have options. Is there a part # for the Kinetic Pegs, and are any adapters needed? Thanks.