Information about pay pal.

Thread: Information about pay pal.

Information about pay pal.

I didn't know this until now thought I would share it.
    When you send money on pay pal and choose " it's for goods" pay pal will charge you 2% of the total.
    If you choose "personal payment" they will not charge you a fee. To me not a big deal when it's not much money, but if a lager purchase this would suck for the seller.
    Just an FYI.

Cool

True, but it is a service and we should pay for what we use. It is the cost of doing business. It is one of the reasons I want to stop doing business on Ebay and the like. There are Ebay fees, now taxes, PalPay and shipping costs. Not counting your time. In some cases you do things for
    free!!!

I use an app called CASH or $..... no fees to pay or send money to someone for any reason. The money comes from your checking acct, ( debt card ) directly to someone's else checking acct...instantly!!! You can use a C.C. but there is a fee. I love Cash App. !!!

I have had a PayPal account for 15 years or so --- a long time I don't remember ! *** I thought the person who gets the money pays the fee....

Offer Up is an app I am growing to love as well !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

App

Thanks for the information Steve. I will look into it.

I just use a debit card

I look for site that have pay pal and will use them rather than one's with no pay pal setup. I quit buying from the Sportsman's Guide just for that very reason. I have a security set up on my debit card but don't like to use it online if I don't have to. Because every time its compromised my security knocks out the account and it takes 10 days to get a new one with a new number. I am the owner of a dumb phone so Steve's wonderful apps are unusable to me. I'm rather old school and just want a phone that's a phone and nothing else.

Dumb Phone

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I look for site that have pay pal and will use them rather than one's with no pay pal setup. I quit buying from the Sportsman's Guide just for that very reason. I have a security set up on my debit card but don't like to use it online if I don't have to. Because every time its compromised my security knocks out the account and it takes 10 days to get a new one with a new number. I am the owner of a dumb phone so Steve's wonderful apps are unusable to me. I'm rather old school and just want a phone that's a phone and nothing else.
    I thought I was the only one left with a flip phone brother........................

I've been using PayPal to buy and sell stuff for many years. The good thing about sending money for goods is the buyer is protected if the seller flakes out and doesn't send item. When ever I sold a item online I would tell who ever buys item they must pay PayPal fees or send as a gift. I think it a great feature on PayPal.