Michigan Ride Up US 23

Thread: Michigan Ride Up US 23

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy pulled a boner!

So I got my dates mixed up. sat there and waited for F6Ber's to show up yesterday. Then realized I was a week early! Oh well,pre run when good anyways! great day for a ride and did 300 miles yesterday!

I live in Toledo, Ohio. Once you meet in Standish how many miles are you ridding from there? And are you planning on returning to Standish?

Just kicking around the idea.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I live in Toledo, Ohio. Once you meet in Standish how many miles are you ridding from there? And are you planning on returning to Standish?

Depends on the weather, but could be up to 194 miles?? It's a beautiful ride.

Attachment 23177

Actually we aren't going all the way up

We have planned to turn onto M32 at Alpena and follow that out to M33 south and head to Rose City for a stop at the Faulls restaurant. After that we are breaking up and going our own way back home. The guys that live to the south can follow M33 down to I-75 and the guys from Western Michigan and jump on M55 and head west. Rtaz of course lives in Oscoda and he know what route to take back home. If the weather permits of course and the forecast hasn't changed for Saturday as they are saying scattered thunderstorm. If that stays in the forecast then we go to plan B which is riding it on Sunday the 11th.

How to keep track of the action

When you click on What's New, right below it is New Group Messages, click on that and you will see the messages for the ride on US 23 as any new information will be posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post

From Standish back to Standish is around 200 miles.
    Robert RTaz Tasior

Weather not looking too good

Forecast saying 90% chance of scattered thunderstorms on the 10th so that kind of isn't a good thing for riding on the 10th and maybe plan B is going to be the better option. We will keep monitoring the weather.

I don't want to confuse anyone so I will just repeat our plan for this ride. We will be meeting at A&W in Standish at noon for a ride up US-23 to Alpena were we will take M-32 west to the Atlanta area were we will turn south on M-33 and ride down through Mio and stop in Rose City. From there it is a straight shot down M-33 to Algers and I-75. Now some folks will be splitting off M-33 going east and west before reaching I-75 the folks from down State can easily stay on M-33 and head south bound when they reach I-75. The ride round trip from the Standish area and back is around 200 miles.

Right now the weatherman is predicting bad weather for Saturday 9/10 with 80% chance of thunderstorms so if that is the case then we will do the ride Sunday 9/11 which is showing right now 0% chance of rain. If anyone is interested in this ride please feel free to just show up or message me. If you haven't joined the Michigan Riders group and plan on riding in Michigan I suggest you do, it's easy http://hondaf6b.com/group.php?groupid=7
    Robert RTaz Tasior