YOUR LONGEST ONE DAY RIDE
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: YOUR LONGEST ONE DAY RIDE

YOUR LONGEST ONE DAY RIDE

What is your longest one day ride? Tell us about it.
    I went to the Republic of Texas Bike Rally a few years ago at the fair grounds east of Austin Texas on my '97' Valkyrie. If you have never been to this event, man I tell ya, what a time was had by all! WOW! Ya have to be there and see it to believe it! Anyway, I rode from the Fair grounds which is east of Austin to north Phoenix, 1143 miles in 21 hours and 23 minutes. And I took a two hour snooze on the side of the road just east of El Paso. Oh, and this was done in JUNE! Man it was HOT!
    And NO! I won't do that again! LOL!

Am I disqualified from this category ?

Did a 1200 mile stint once when I was a little younger on my 1500 Goldwing.Now a big day would be 500 miles if on a trip.Average Sunday putt now is a 150 miles or so.Love my F6B and it is a joy to ride but I like to stop and smell the roses these days.I have nothing to prove by doing 1000 mile days and I believe for me it would not be safe the last few hundred miles on those type of rides so not going to do it.Hell I'm retired and I earned the right to take my time now.But if ironbutt is your thing then go enjoy it even if I think your a little KOOKOO

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Am I disqualified from this category ?
    On your recent return trip from the F6B rally, I heard you went to the moon and back in about 1.14159 seconds. I'm sure that's some kind of record

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    On your recent return trip from the F6B rally, I heard you went to the moon and back in about 1.14159 seconds. I'm sure that's some kind of record
    I shouldn't have read this with a mouthful of water!

Hmmmm.....

Longest ride

At the ripe old age of 73&1/2 about 250 miles is my limit anymore..Trading my 2011 Victory Vision next week for a F6B, Red/Black with some Cobra pipes, different windshield, grips, chrome, etc....After riding my Valkyrie Tour for 6 years, I am really looking forward to the power and smoothness of the Honda again...Like a little kid waiting for his new bike.....

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Okay, my best 24 hour ride so far...2156 miles in 23 hours and 45 minutes. It was during the 1998 Big Bang Rally, out of Ely, Nevada, and the entire premise of this particular rally was to put a stop to all the catter-walling about Who could ride the most miles in 24 hours, within the IBA. Invitations were sent out to the top 100 riders around the world, we all gathered at the Hotel Nevada in Ely, NV., and when all was said and done, I ran the most miles in under 24 hours, at 2156 miles. Second place was Jan Cutler, at 1932 miles, on a BMW K1100RS, and then George Barnes at 1822 miles on a BMW K1100RS, and then Dale Wilson at 1778 miles on a Honda ST1100. BTW, I was on a '94 GL-1500 with 14.8 gallons of fuel, and two 32 oz. nitrous bottles. The normal IBA fuel limitation of 11 gallons (at that time) were removed, so we could carry as much fuel as we wanted to.

A good time was had by most.
    Why did you have the nitrous bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by BARRYS770 View Post
    Why did you have the nitrous bottles?
    To play with the higher speed Beemers out in the high deserts of Nevada. If you can time it right, and sneak up on one of them BMW'ish bikes, it is fun to go past them at over a ton and a half, and have them wondering...How did a Goldwing 1500 just do that to me?

Got me beat

My longest has been just under 1600 miles in a day. Don't want to make a habit of those, just got back from a trip and my longest day was 910.