YOUR LONGEST ONE DAY RIDE - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: YOUR LONGEST ONE DAY RIDE

Did 842 miles coming home from down south, stopped at home long enough to have a bite to eat and rode another 180 with the Mrs to get a coffee. Longest in several years has been around 800 in a single go, but I tend to do multiple 800 mile days back to back. Gotta love RDL seats

Redneck Undresser

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    At the ripe old age of 73&1/2 about 250 miles is my limit anymore..Trading my 2011 Victory Vision next week for a F6B, Red/Black with some Cobra pipes, different windshield, grips, chrome, etc....After riding my Valkyrie Tour for 6 years, I am really looking forward to the power and smoothness of the Honda again...Like a little kid waiting for his new bike.....
    No hijack intended but I went from a Vision to the F6B and am not looking back. The Vision for me is more comfy but the GL engine is well worth the trade off.

Rode a true chopper bagger (softail suspension, 300mm rear tire, raked out, minimal seat) from SC to Bonneville and raced it and rode it back. http://www.baggersmag.com/features/0...r/viewall.html
    Had one 1400 mile day and saddle sores to prove it. I like 800-900 days now if I'm trying to get somewhere. My hips are not feeling the love from the F6B ergonomics just yet. KuryAykn lowered mini-boards helped and I am waiting for my Russell Day-Long Saddle but if that doesn't do it highway pegs should.
    Attachment 2286 Attachment 2285

That would be from the Rocky Point Rally in Mexico to Roseville Calif, 1152 miles in 15 hours, love those desert roads in the morning

LONGEST RIDE IN A DAY

Rode from Upper Marlboro, MD to Toronto Canada. Will have to check the mileage. The ride was great up through Buffallo, N.Y. into Canada.

Mine is coming up on Oct. 5th. Iron Butt 1000. On the stock seat. With no highway pegs. Wish me luck!

I have done (3) 1000 + rides in the past, the last one was Savannah, Ga to Wills Point, Texas. The one before that was Souix Falls to Springfield, Ky. Then there was the trip to Richmond Va and back to Savannah in a day. All these rides were for a purpose but no interest in the IBA stuff.

Everyone needs to do an Iron Butt for no other reason but to say you did......and when you are done you will wonder Why?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Everyone needs to do an Iron Butt for no other reason but to say you did......and when you are done you will wonder Why?
    That's the only reason I'm doing it. My answer?

Because I can. Oh, and-

July 5th, 2003 on a VTX1800c from Denver, Colorado to Pismo Beach, California 1220 miles in 21.5 hrs stopping for fuel every 100 miles and 110 degree heat half the way.

Longest One Day Ride

If it works out right...9/21/13. Am leaving tomorrow to go to Canada for the Start of my IBA Border to Border Ride. Total millage is mapped out to be 1459 miles.

Wish me luck!