Best windshield for wind protection??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best windshield for wind protection??

Best windshield for wind protection??

Will soon be moving to an F6B from my current Victory Vision with adjustable windshield..Don't use the feature much so it is not important for me on the new bike....but, the short screen on the F6B is no good for me..I have test ridden the bike twice and cannot deal with the wind noise/turbulence..Dealer has a Baggershield in stock he likes and others have said the Honda taller shield/vent is also good. Others prefer the Cee Bailey's 17/19"...I am 5'9" and usually ride looking thru the windshield as I have terrible allergies and need to keep down the wind..I cannot use a full face helmet as they make me un-comfortable, but do use a 3/4 HJC with face shield which works great for me...Any opinions/comments are welcomed from current F6B riders...Thanks

fl1madmax

I Bought the Honda Tall , its perfect

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Will soon be moving to an F6B from my current Victory Vision with adjustable windshield..Don't use the feature much so it is not important for me on the new bike....but, the short screen on the F6B is no good for me..I have test ridden the bike twice and cannot deal with the wind noise/turbulence..Dealer has a Baggershield in stock he likes and others have said the Honda taller shield/vent is also good. Others prefer the Cee Bailey's 17/19"...I am 5'9" and usually ride looking thru the windshield as I have terrible allergies and need to keep down the wind..I cannot use a full face helmet as they make me un-comfortable, but do use a 3/4 HJC with face shield which works great for me...Any opinions/comments are welcomed from current F6B riders...Thanks
    it was only $149, and I'm 6ft, its eye level, no wind, in rain I can see over and it deflects rain over your head,and music is perfect at 20 volume. It also has a Vent you can open or Close, in the center.... JB

Since you're 5' 9" and like to look through a shield and you wear a 3/4 helmet I would also recommend the tall Honda shield.

The only thing I don't like about mine is wind buffeting on my ears while wearing a half helmet. Full helmet, no problem. Mine is also trimmed down a bit so that might cause more wind on my ears. The vent is nice too. I wish my Baggershield had a vent.

Baggershield

They make a 19 inch shield that should work for u !
    The honda is 17 inches is not as wide

Baggershield 19" with vent.I look over the top but I am 6"4" with a long torso-so I am sure you would look thru it.Vent is nice to have.I believe he has them on a sale right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just put a Baggershield 19" on mine and I like it. I am 6'2" and look over it. I took off the Honda shield with the vent that also worked but I got tired of cleaning bugs from the vent, and you can't clean the bikes dash with the vent.

The Honda shield will be for sale if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    I just put a Baggershield 19" on mine and I like it. I am 6'2" and look over it. I took off the Honda shield with the vent that also worked but I got tired of cleaning bugs from the vent, and you can't clean the bikes dash with the vent.

The vent on the Baggershield must sit a little higher then the Honda one as I am able to clean the dash.I really enjoy having the vent as I can direct air up at my face or lower on my body and in some wind conditions it seems to help leaving it open to lower any buffeting around me.Wind is the norm up here in the high desert.Good luck with your sale.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post

Man, that's a clean garage !!!!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    The vent on the Baggershield must sit a little higher then the Honda one as I am able to clean the dash.I really enjoy having the vent as I can direct air up at my face or lower on my body and in some wind conditions it seems to help leaving it open to lower any buffeting around me.Wind is the norm up here in the high desert.Good luck with your sale.
    Yes, it looks like it is higher, the Honda one was hard to get the dash.

GL1800 ST?

I think regardless of the brand, the F6 definitely looks like business with a taller windshield. I wonder if sales would reflect if Honda delivered the F6 with a taller windshield?