Destin or bust
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Destin or bust

Destin or bust

We scheduled our annual family vacation leaving Sept 11th from Oklahoma city to Destin Florida. Didn't have my B when i made reservations for 2 weeks in Florida so unfortunately will miss the Rally in Russellville. I might see some of you going the other way. I have loaded up on accessories for the bike. Ultimate king seat, Honda bike cover, Rivco aero pegs, Klockworks 16/20 vented shield (the goldwing model) that can be mounted high or low, tomtom rider, bike mp3 touring rack, jbl speakers, show chrome led fogs, socal moto led high and low beams, led switchbacks turn signals, led rear brake lights, kury fork brace, cooling vest, and f6b coffee mug (thanks stroguy). Made this trip last year on my vtx1800. It was an ok ride that lit my fire for a Goldwing f6b. This trip should be a lot more comfortable. If you Florida boys have some suggestions for things to do around destin or trip advice id appreciate it.

http://

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    I think a lot of our Silver Matte F6B's are starting to look alike, with some of the mods...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Faster

Yea but mines faster. Just hit 1000 miles. Love this machine

Hurricanes

Dammit i think im going to see some rain this year. Hermes is headed to the gulf coast. Last year made it all the way there and back (perdido key) with out a drop of rain.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...daynl#contents

Looks like Hermine is going a bit further east and shall be out of our area by this weekend.
    The 11th? No problem.

Naval Aviation Museum at NAS PCola is always an awesome day.
    Lots of little hole-in-the-wall eateries that are most excellent. "The Donut Hole" for example.
    But for culture and things for a family to do? Gulf Breeze Zoo, beaches, more beaches, maybe a sailing excursion....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Make sure the A/C on the bike is working good LOL.

Ain't happening with all the black stuff on it.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I think a lot of our Silver Matte F6B's are starting to look alike, with some of the mods...

Hey! Chrome will take you home and nothing looks better than Chrome on that matte silver!003.jpg

Chromers

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Hey! Chrome will take you home and nothing looks better than Chrome on that matte silver!Attachment 23087
    I thought about you guys when i put some real wax on those chome Rivcos. I use to spend an hour on my Vtx 1800 chrome. Now thats an hour on the road. I saw some black chrome goldwing wheels on the net, now we're talking.

http://http://classiccomponents.com/blog2/chrome-plated-goldwings-turns-heads-every-time

NAS Pcola

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...daynl#contents

Looks like Hermine is going a bit further east and shall be out of our area by this weekend.
    The 11th? No problem.

Naval Aviation Museum at NAS PCola is always an awesome day.
    Lots of little hole-in-the-wall eateries that are most excellent. "The Donut Hole" for example.
    But for culture and things for a family to do? Gulf Breeze Zoo, beaches, more beaches, maybe a sailing excursion....
    Went to the air museum last year. That is the largest air/space museum except for the smithsonian. From the Wright brothers to the space capsule, all the world wars, great history of my country there. Will do again. I learned to eat grits along the way too.

The shopping outlets at Silver Strands are a great place to ditch, I mean drop off, the women and then take the menfolk to The Back Porch or The Crab Trap for some appys while the bikini clad pickup beach volleyball games are going on a few feet away.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce