Destin or bust - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destin or bust

Made it to Destin

Got in yesterday to Destin. Man what a great ride. This is the bike for me. Tomtom navigation was great, Sena 20 s was great, but upgraded jbl speakers were prefered sound to the sena. Klockworks goldwing 16/20 was great. Vent was very nice and mounted in the 20 inch position i look through the top of the shield. I hit some heavy rain and just sit up a little to see over it. Massive bugs in Mississippi, called love bugs. Had to stop twice just to clean shield. Hit a tropical squal (i think thats what you call it) right out of the tunnel from mobile to the Florida line. Came out of the tunnel, on a bridge, could see the rain at end of bridge. Got soaked, pulled over in 40 mph winds to put on rain gear and ultimate seat cover. I thought the wind was going to blow the bike off the side stand. This bike was pretty stabil in the rain at speed. No way i could haul all my stuff and tail bag on the Vtx. Saw a few harleys along the way, i got a thumbs up from all of them. I wonder if they know what they're missing ?

Attachment 23301
    http://

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    Got in yesterday to Destin. Man what a great ride. This is the bike for me. Tomtom navigation was great, Sena 20 s was great, but upgraded jbl speakers were prefered sound to the sena. Klockworks goldwing 16/20 was great. Vent was very nice and mounted in the 20 inch position i look through the top of the shield. I hit some heavy rain and just sit up a little to see over it. Massive bugs in Mississippi, called love bugs. Had to stop twice just to clean shield. Hit a tropical squal (i think thats what you call it) right out of the tunnel from mobile to the Florida line. Came out of the tunnel, on a bridge, could see the rain at end of bridge. Got soaked, pulled over in 40 mph winds to put on rain gear and ultimate seat cover. I thought the wind was going to blow the bike off the side stand. This bike was pretty stabil in the rain at speed. No way i could haul all my stuff and tail bag on the Vtx. Saw a few harleys along the way, i got a thumbs up from all of them. I wonder if they know what they're missing ?
    Dang - I was on the same road (10 leaving Mobile), same time yesterday when that squall hit. I pulled off in Daphne to let it blow over.
    Bugs were epic!
    IMG_20160912_132946370_HDR.jpg
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Those "love bugs" are very thick here in SW Louisiana as well.
    Their guts, when splattered, are very acidic and will eat right thru the clear coat of the paint if left on there for very long.
    I rode maybe 90 miles today and spent the better part of 2 hours cleaning them off. They are nasty little critters.
    Hopefully, they'll all die off here in a few days....fingers crossed.

Love bugs are NOT lovely!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Isleen got a full spa that evening....no bugs remain overnight!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce