Thoughts on AMA vs. GWRRA memberships

Thread: Thoughts on AMA vs. GWRRA memberships

Thoughts on AMA vs. GWRRA memberships

I am wanting to join one of these associations and would like some feedback from those that are or have been members of either association. I do like the 100 mi. towing with the GWRRA plus program.

Thanks for the input.

The American Motorcycle Association is more oriented to rider education and the Gold Wing Road Riders are more of a social network.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

The AMA sanctions races, lobbies in Washington and fights for your rights as a motorcyclist. I really feel if we didn't have the AMA motorcycling wouldn't be what we know and enjoy today. The GWRRA is a for profit social club.

Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
    The AMA sanctions races, lobbies in Washington and fights for your rights as a motorcyclist. I really feel if we didn't have the AMA motorcycling wouldn't be what we know and enjoy today. The GWRRA is a for profit social club.
    Exactly! I'm a "Lifetime Charter Member" of the AMA. Kinda let's you know how I feel about it. Although, nothing says you can't belong to both.

I belong to both. They both have good benefits. GWRRA is a great organization as a riding club. I've made great friends and participated in the chapter events. Join up.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

I signed up for GWRRA

I signed up for GWRRA one month ago and never hear a thing back from them. Haven't a clue what happened there but just nothing from them.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I signed up for GWRRA one month ago and never hear a thing back from them. Haven't a clue what happened there but just nothing from them.
    Give it some time they will contact you. I recently joined up and thought for sure I tossed the money away but then the packet showed up and shortly there after the phone will ring with your local chapter guy wanting you to attend the next meeting. My first meeting is tomorrow if I can get off work early and we'll see what it's all about.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike