Taking the bike to the dealer...for lightning repairs - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taking the bike to the dealer...for lightning repairs

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    This is kind of like the Darkside discussion, so do what you want but I have always heard that Helmet Companies frown on and advise not to paint their helmets because it can affect the integrity due to some sort of chemical reaction between the paint and the composite material. I have never seen any testing on this but I don't want to be the crash test dummy either.
    Mike, thanks for the info...however...this guy..Screwy, was the official helmet painter for Arai since 1989, and has painted over 7000 custom paint jobs on helmets for them. Most of the big name racers have had helmets done by him.

Mine is going to be very simple compared to those wild and crazy helmets we have all seen.

I guess...since I can cross the lines and buy...and mount...and try out a CT on my bike...then I suppose it won't be too much to have a customized helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Mike, thanks for the info...however...this guy..Screwy, was the official helmet painter for Arai since 1989, and has painted over 7000 custom paint jobs on helmets for them. Most of the big name racers have had helmets done by him.

Mine is going to be very simple compared to those wild and crazy helmets we have all seen.

I guess...since I can cross the lines and buy...and mount...and try out a CT on my bike...then I suppose it won't be too much to have a customized helmet.
    Must be an ol wives tale like so many others. Besides if you can live through a lightning strike I have no doubt you are pretty much invincible! I am looking forward to your feedback on the CT. I was strongly considering it and then Ken Meese running a CT on a BMW 1600 had the rear end come around on him in heavy rain on the last day of this years Iron Butt Rally. Not sure if a cause has been determined but Hydroplaning was one guess. If true that might have happened with a MT as well.