Does it bother anybody else? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does it bother anybody else?

There are some excellent points in this thread, such as:

The problem with F6B is that Goldwing guys like Goldwings, not F6B, due to extras. Heated seats, grips, reverse, cruise and more luggage space with passenger accomodations are all factors. Cruise guys like cruisers, which F6B is not. Sport touring bikes are lighter and have removable luggage.

So, F6B is not really in any one category in my opinion. It does many things well but this makes it a niche product.

I have had the exact same thought. The F6B is quite a transition from a cruiser, which I think was the intended market. I appreciate Honda offering something completely different than just another bored-out twin model. That's why I bought it over the Victory CC Tour - the engine.

I gave up a lot of features on the Vic to get my hands on the flat-six and I have been happy with it. After a 700 miles trip on a Vtwin last summer, I knew I had to get a smoother bike. However, I still like the cruiser style. The F6B is really the only option available for people who are looking for that.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

As a guy who bought his 2013 black Deluxe for not much off list, I really could care less about resale value or whether or not they're discontinuing the model. The one remaining change I haven't made that I'm likely to make is a suspension upgrade (widely available), whereafter I would intend to continue riding the bike until either it or me falls apart. Since I'm 51 now, it's even money on which one of us goes first.

Bottom line is that this is an awesome bike that is near-perfect for me and my needs. When I move from the city to the Sierra foothills, I'll maintain a smaller second naked bike for summer day rides, since the weather protection is so flawless on my F6B that it just bakes in the summer. Otherwise, I'm grabbing the keys for the F6 every. Single. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    As a guy who bought his 2013 black Deluxe for not much off list, I really could care less about resale value or whether or not they're discontinuing the model. The one remaining change I haven't made that I'm likely to make is a suspension upgrade (widely available), whereafter I would intend to continue riding the bike until either it or me falls apart. Since I'm 51 now, it's even money on which one of us goes first.

Bottom line is that this is an awesome bike that is near-perfect for me and my needs. When I move from the city to the Sierra foothills, I'll maintain a smaller second naked bike for summer day rides, since the weather protection is so flawless on my F6B that it just bakes in the summer. Otherwise, I'm grabbing the keys for the F6 every. Single. Time.
    Did you say naked?????
    naked.jpg

These girls are absolutely beautiful - inside and out!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

As talked about in other posts, the rumors are that Honda is changing the Gold Wing for 2017. An F6B model just may not be a viable model with the new changes particularly if the sales figures just didn't support it. It's a shame ,but hopefully the new Wing won't be a disappointment. I have my F6B. Every time I'm out on it, I'm having a blast. Still enjoy my old school Valkyrie too and they were discontinued 13 years ago. Who k ow what may happen in the future.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I think they started wrong. They introduced at a unreasonable price point. Look at it from a consumers perspective:
    list on 2013 $20,999 deluxe
    Right next to it on the floor was a loaded gl1800 for $24k?
    sure the B looks cool, but for 3k more i can get all the bells.

I purchased mine a year later for 16K and got a good deal in my mind.
    a year after that, My wife bought a 13 for 13k which was also a good deal
    ( just sold hers after a year for 13K) with 5100 miles. so even.
    in 2013 those bikes flew off the floor at 19K not at 21K
    It's a exercise in economics.

Honda has always had strange marketing and pricing strategies.

I bought a new VTX 1800--and they quit making them and boy did I loose my shirt on that one. But I did not buy it to make a profit or resale---the problem was that all of the aftermarket folks quit producing stuff. The B doesn't bother me as most Wing stuff will fit and there is a ton of options out there for wings.

HOWEVER-----I have often said that a full wing does not excite me at all, but the B screamed at me from the other side of the showroom. Like the new Valkyrie, I think the appeal is to a smaller audience and there is not many of us out there. We love the big powerful bike--but without reverse not everybody can muscle these things around. Then you figure in the lace of CC and that turns off a bunch of folks, too. A sales person told me that the lack of bags and storage is what kills the Valk, so you add bags and you have a F6B with no fairing or tunes.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just adding my two cents to what has been said,most of it valid. But to answer no it does not bother me. It wouldn't bother me if the resale price of my baby dropped to 2 cents. I bought it from an emotional standpoint. It has a tried and true engine,and is beautiful in my opinion. I dont intend to sell it as long as I can ride it reliably(then it wouldnt be worth much-maybe I'll put it in the living room)
    It has proven to be a good twisties bike for my skills and an excellent 'highway chile'. I have limited the accessories I have added to be functional with an eye to maybe later adding things which may make it more beautiful to my eye.
    My F6B is all personal not business.
    Did I mention I love this bike?

has anyone else noticed...

The Honda US site shows the 2016 F6B listed under both Cruisers and Touring categories, while the Honda Canada site lists the F6B only under the Touring category now.

Is it possible that the consumer has defined the F6B as a better touring bike than a cruiser [we already know this] and Honda is at a crossroads as to what to do with what could be potentially 2 top tier touring models?

If we look way back to the original Goldwing the same thing happened. Honda introduced a sport road bike and the consumer drove it's metamorphosis into a top tier tourer.

Where I live F6B's are a niche market at best. The closest Honda dealer to me has only ever had one F6B and they still have it. Harley, Victory and Indian rule the roost in my area with a smattering of sport bikes and metric cruisers.

I'm not sure why the B has such small appeal. To me it's the cats meow and exactly what I want. Fortunately Honda came out with it and have demonstrated to their fans how good the GL platform can look.

Does not bother me I boutique my 2013 mid July 2016 had 5300 miles for 12k with recent dealer check and oil change. Figured I would ride till spring if I liked it keep it till it dies if not sell it and if I loose 2 grand or so the fun worth that